• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    One thing I can lay claim to, is that I have owned some really awesome custom pistols and rifles over the years. Although these guys catch some ****, the pistols I own/have owned by them are actually really nice... esp for plastic guns. They are not 1911's, but for plastic they are nice.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I've actually been curious about them, but not curious enough to drop $2,000+ on a Glock. With the barrel they fin in there, how tight is the lockup, fit, etc? While they look cool, I've wondered how much is just looks and how much is actual functional. Plus I wonder if they fit the barrel tightly, does that reduce any reliability when the gun is dirty or lacking oil.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I've actually been curious about them, but not curious enough to drop $2,000+ on a Glock. With the barrel they fin in there, how tight is the lockup, fit, etc? While they look cool, I've wondered how much is just looks and how much is actual functional. Plus I wonder if they fit the barrel tightly, does that reduce any reliability when the gun is dirty or lacking oil.

It's definitely a more refined weapon. Barrel is fit nice, stippling is the best I've held, functional mods are really nice.

I love the bull nose for holstering, the high cut frame and under cut hooks that have been done. The trigger is better in this M&P than any I have tried... I've gone through my share of plastic pistols/m&p's with apex stuff and this is just better...

I haven't shot it much but from a rest it kicks the crap out of my stock M&P in terms of accuracy. Can't comment on reliability, but I've owned a few SAI pistols now and have not had a single issue...

I'm not sure I would say it's worth the 3k+ price tag, but it is a very nice well put togethe sidearm!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Almost makes me want to spend a lot of money on a Glock or M&P.. If I might ask, where did you come across it?

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock Armorer-M&P Armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Really awesome looking gun. Would like to have one but couldn't really drop the coin to do so at this point in the game. I do however have an M&P Core with all the apex goodies that I absolutely love.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    :drool: Dude why must you have so many nice guns!? While I am happy you can I just seem to drool every time you are posting pics!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    A friend got it off a prize table at a shoot he won.... I took it off his hands:)
    That must have been one dynamite prize table.. He must be a little more than adequate in his shooting abilities.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock Armorer-M&P Armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Yeah, for sure... I like it better than the Salient G17 I had:

What do you like better about it? Do you like M&Ps better than Glocks in general?

What I would be curious to see is if you can run 1,000 (or several thousand) rounds through a Salient Glock or M&P without cleaning, oiling, etc like a standard Glock/M&P. Or do the tighter tolerances eventually cause malfunctions?

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    What do you like better about it? Do you like M&Ps better than Glocks in general?

What I would be curious to see is if you can run 1,000 (or several thousand) rounds through a Salient Glock or M&P without cleaning, oiling, etc like a standard Glock/M&P. Or do the tighter tolerances eventually cause malfunctions?

I typically like Glocks more than M&P. I like the aesthetics better on the M&P, trigger on the M&P is better when it comes to these two. In terms of the Salient pistols, the M&P is just better all the way around.

I have a few friends who own a few SAI Glocks... One of my friends has 40K plus on of his SAI Costa G19 and has had no issues. I know that he did a torture test and ran it clean for 2K before cleaning... still no issues. Obviously with all pistols, I am sure you can get a good one and a bad one.

Happy with both I have owned... Like the M&P version better... Still like my 1911s better than either one:)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    all that money for the M&P...and can't even use the sights to rack the slide if needed.

They are pretty, that's for sure.

Not for me, though.

Top Bottom