• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Only rattle snake I’ve seen in Indiana was a timber rattler all the way up in Valparaiso in the early summer under a cement block we used to prop the gate open with. Glad it was a baby as it tried to strike but was to short to connect when I picked it up. Called the game warden and they insinuated I wasn’t being truthful and I had an active imagination. Invited them out and he said well I’ll be I will take that with me. I flicked it out out into the weeds from the mason jar I had it in. I told him to help himself that it was only a figment of our imagination. He left it be. Didn’t make any new friends that day.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Umm... unlikely. Probably a massasauga rattlesnake. Valpo is quite a ways outside the range of timber rattlers, but well within the range of the massasauga. They are small snakes, and might be mistaken for a "baby" of a larger snake, or it might have been a "baby" massasauga.

Massasaugas, like timber rattlers, are on the endangered species list, to it's illegal to mess with them.

Not saying it's impossible, just very unlikely.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom