• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Sneak Peek at my TRP.... (Updated with new grips) Perfect!

Hey guys, I just redid my TRP half rail. I think the pistol looks great but, I am not sure I love it. Looking for feedback etc...

Ok... here is the pistol with updated grips... Looks 1000 times better! Shoots great as well:)

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    What's giving you pause? I don't love the Desert Sand slide color and O.D. frame, but those are purely personal preferences. The angle on the front of the dust cover is nicely done and matches well to what appears to be slightly modified ball cuts on the slide; and the grip safety is a nice fit. I do like a little more taken from under the trigger guard for a higher grip. It's a gun to be proud of from where I'm sitting.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    First, thanks... I think its the grips that is throwing me off a little? I cant put my finger on it. I have about 4 pair of VZ grips on order to see what looks best.... I thin the Hyena Brown will tie it together perfectly buy we will see! Ill post a full thread once its all done...

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    I have that same model and there's no way in hell I would do that unless the original finish was damaged.. But yes different color grip panels are in order.. For the color scheme

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Lol... Yeah, original sights are going back on. As far as color... I can change it back to black in about an hour and a half if I really want to.

HD1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Henderson, KY
    Put some G10 Grips on her.

The TRPs are one of the Best Values out there, literally.

I have the exact same pistol and it printed a 2.5" Group @ 25Y and has been reliable thus far and is my absolute most favorite Pistol to Date...and I've been thru many.

Shoot the Damn thing and don't worry about what it looks like quite as much (nothing wrong with it but determine Priorities), and also no need to seek anyone elses approval to help justify if you like it and should keep it or not.

It either works for you, or it doesn't. Shoot, train, and move on.

EDIT: My personal Opinion, since you're asking for Feedback, ditch those Grips in favor of some G10s that would look appropriate with your color scheme. Otherwise wouldn't change a thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Now you have me looking at my TRP (same gun) with an eye towards change. I am fitting it with the guide rod bushing that takes away the barrel movement. The non-bushing slide alows the rarrel to walk around a bit reducing accuracy when compared to the standard slide/bushing combo.
    1st pic.....nah
    2nd set of pics....:woot:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    The different grips really set it off... Looks well done to me!

I've owned two TRPs and decided to sell both of them, since the 5" design and my body didn't get along when I tried IWB CC. Now you have me considering getting another... Doh!

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Looks good with the new grips. Looked kinda off to me with the old ones. New ones bring the color scheme together

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Thanks guys... I thought the same thing. Old grips didn't look quite right. I actually almost cancelled my VZ order and went back to black. I am so glad I waited the day or two for my VZ grips to come in... they definitely make the pistol look Bad A$$!!

Top Bottom