• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Ordered a Sneaky Pete holster for my LCP. It was delivered earlier this month. It seems like a nice product, but when I tried to holster the gun, it would not fit with the LaserLyte. I double check the receipt, and sure enough, it says, "Ruger LCP, right handed, magazine extended pinky, LaserLyte". However, the holster they sent me is too narrow to accept the gun with the LaserLyte on it.

So I submit an email through their "contact us" page (the only method of contact they offer, by the way), and tell them about the fitment issue. Later that day, I get a response that requests that I verify that I have the correct firearm for the holster I ordered (that's right,... just assume the customer effed up), and to send photos of the fitment issue between the gun and the holster.

I immediately sent them all of the info they wanted with pics attached, and after nearly two weeks, and re-sending the e-mail two more times, I have not heard a peep from them.

The PayPal transaction page shows a phone number for them, but when I call it, a recorded message (which never identifies the company) says that nobody is around to answer the phone, and then it hangs up -- no chance to even leave a message (as if they'd actually call you back).

I have started a PayPay dispute with Sneaky Pete Holsters. I want all my money back, and if they want their holster they can send me a pre-paid shipping label.

Nice product (if they send you the right one), but their company and their customer service is for s***! As far as I am concerned, they can stay in that commie pit of hell called "New York", and rot.

Up yours, Sneaky Pete!:xmad:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Just take the laser off. Problem solved. Well, that's what I would do. And you have to eliminate user error, so I understand their email.

But in the end I agree with you. I don't care for that type of customer service.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Ordered a Sneaky Pete holster for my LCP. It was delivered earlier this month. It seems like a nice product, but when I tried to holster the gun, it would not fit with the LaserLyte. I double check the receipt, and sure enough, it says, "Ruger LCP, right handed, magazine extended pinky, LaserLyte". However, the holster they sent me is too narrow to accept the gun with the LaserLyte on it.

So I submit an email through their "contact us" page (the only method of contact they offer, by the way), and tell them about the fitment issue. Later that day, I get a response that requests that I verify that I have the correct firearm for the holster I ordered (that's right,... just assume the customer effed up), and to send photos of the fitment issue between the gun and the holster.

I immediately sent them all of the info they wanted with pics attached, and after nearly two weeks, and re-sending the e-mail two more times, I have not heard a peep from them.

The PayPal transaction page shows a phone number for them, but when I call it, a recorded message (which never identifies the company) says that nobody is around to answer the phone, and then it hangs up -- no chance to even leave a message (as if they'd actually call you back).

I have started a PayPay dispute with Sneaky Pete Holsters. I want all my money back, and if they want their holster they can send me a pre-paid shipping label.

Nice product (if they send you the right one), but their company and their customer service is for s***! As far as I am concerned, they can stay in that commie pit of hell called "New York", and rot.

Up yours, Sneaky Pete!:xmad:

That's one of the deciding factors for me when I'm shopping: Do they list a 1) Physical location
    2) Telephone #
    3) Email

If they can't/won't list all the info, I'll prolly move on and do business with their competitor that does list all of that info. :yesway:

And mind you, it has nothing to do with size....there's a lot of 1 man-in-the-garage shops that produce superior product not found elsewhere. I don't mind that ya work out of a garage.... I just wanna know where that garage is :D

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Just take the laser off. Problem solved.
    Why would I do that? I ordered a holster to fit with the laser, I should get one that fits with the laser. I'm not going to remove it because THEY screwed up.

We haven't even determined if I got a defective holster, or the wrong holster. Sneaky Pete just doesn't address the problem. They responded once, and seemed pretty eager to blame me for ordering the incorrect holster (which means I'd eat all the shipping charges for the exchange). I borrowed my better-half's LCP with no laser, and it fit just fine. I'd just give her the damned thing and be done with it, but she is left-handed. Sneaky Pete holsters are not ambidextrous.

I can only assume that the photos proved that they fouled up the order, and now they don't want to make good on their guarantee. If they can rope-a-dope him long enough, a customer will have no way of disputing the order through a credit card company or PayPal.

They are probably just hoping I will take what they gave me and go away, but when I go away it will be with my consumer dollars back in my pocket.

Last edited:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I would take the laser off (and i did on my P290) b/c I think they just get in the way. But that is a personal choice I guess. As long as that laser is a back up to your sights, then that's ok. Just don't rely on the laser.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I would take the laser off (and i did on my P290) b/c I think they just get in the way. But that is a personal choice I guess. As long as that laser is a back up to your sights, then that's ok. Just don't rely on the laser.

The customers gun is not the issue, getting the wrong holster is. This type of thinking just iritates me. He's not asking if he should have the holster because that is what he already has chosen.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    The laser is a backup. The LCP's sights are functional but not the best, even during the day. In low light or at night, it may be necessary to fire up the laser.

The customers gun is not the issue, getting the wrong holster is. This type of thinking just iritates me. He's not asking if he should have the holster because that is what he already has chosen.
    Exactly.

What if they had sent me a holster that wouldn't accept the pinky extension? Am I supposed to swap out all my magazine floorplates so that the gun will fit a holster I DIDN'T order? No. They need to make the order right.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Hard to believe people are telling you to modify your weapon to accommodate an error on the part of the vendor. As for me, I don't blame you a bit. I'd be livid. i'm in the market for several holsters right now. SP won't be on my short list.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Hard to believe people can't read a whole post...Let me help you out...

"But in the end I agree with you. I don't care for that type of customer service."

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for the heads up, TRW. Like LANShark noted, if SP isn't gonna look out for you, there's no reason to believe they're gonna look out for me, either.

So, while I like their designs, I won't even consider ordering one until you're issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up, TRW. Like LANShark noted, if SP isn't gonna look out for you, there's no reason to believe they're gonna look out for me, either.

So, while I like their designs, I won't even consider ordering one until you're issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.
    I tell ya... It really seems like a nice product. If they had sent me the holster I ordered we wouldn't talking about this.

I have seen a bunch of holster manufacturers post the, "Due to the recent increase in demand, blah blah blah..." on their websites. While it might be an explanation for slower order fulfillment, it's not an excuse for ignoring customer service.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had a similar issue with the Fobus I purchased for my 1911 TRP with a TLR light. First one that was received did not work with the gun as equipped. They sent me a shipping label, product was exchanged and all is well. Problem with ordering on line and not seeing items before paying.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

Just take the laser off. Problem solved. Well, that's what I would do. And you have to eliminate user error, so I understand their email.

But in the end I agree with you. I don't care for that type of customer service.

Hard to believe people can't read a whole post...Let me help you out...

"But in the end I agree with you. I don't care for that type of customer service."

:wow: Some people just don't have a clue. :ugh:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Are there any markings for make/model on the back? Can you post pics of your issue?

Not that I don't believe you, I just want to see how tight a fit it is.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Are there any markings for make/model on the back? Can you post pics of your issue?

Not that I don't believe you, I just want to see how tight a fit it is.
    No markings on the holster. Box says, "Ruger LCP (.380)". That's it.

It's not a tight fit. It just doesn't fit. You sure you don't work for Sneaky Pete?

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    the majority of lcp that i have seen have a lazier on them from the factory, including the one that I bought. I don't understand why this holster company is so surprised.

Have the Slippery Pete take a look at this thread.

I think the biggest reason gun/gun accessory companies are so willing to work with their customers is that word of mouth travels quick and we value each others opinions.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    IMHO, mistakes happen. I'm not perfect and I don't expect perfection in those I deal with. But the true test is how a mistake is handled, after the fact. To ignore a customer is unconscionable. To do so for two weeks plus warrants letting everyone you know (just as the OP has done here) about your bad experience.

I hope you get your issue resolved. But at this point, short of refunding your money and GIVING you the correct replacement, it would be too little too late.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    :wow: Some people just don't have a clue. :ugh:

If you are going to quote me, quote me in the correct order next time.

Let me summarize...

I don't like lasers.
    I would just take it off.
    But some people like lasers I guess....
    I agree crappy customer service.

Anyway, good luck getting the problem fixed...

Top Bottom