• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just some random thoughts here and I figured I'll never get a real answer to this but I'll toss it out there to get it off my mind so to speak.

1) All the images I have seen of Bin Laden he has always been armed or had an arm (typically AK) with him. Yet the NAVY SEALs find him in his room unarmed? :dunno:

From what I read he was a fighter. He was a commander in afghan when they killed the Russians out. So it seems odd that he would not die fighting (ie. die in a hail of bullets) and instead get caught unarmed and instead shot? Just does not seem like the "fighter" I read about?

2) This may be out of line on all sort of levels but should we really have left any of his family members alive? (ie. kids, wifes, etc..) We just killed the dad of those kids. Some of those kids will/can grow up with one thing in mind: revenge to America. Yes it sounds cold and heartless but would it not have been wiser to ensure all of them were taken care of and removed the threat once and for all (ie. you don't just cut the stem of a weed, you pull it full out and to make sure make a whole and take all the surrounding dirt with it). Could we not after sending in the SEALs sent a bomb or to and made a big crater of the area.

3) Was it worth it? Not the killing of him, he had that coming for a long time. But look back at the last 10 years and how the USA has changed (Homeland Security, Patriot Act, etc..). Are we better off now then before freedom/liberty wise?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i guess i have to question number 2.

where do you draw the line? i see your point and where your going with this, but at what point have you taken all that may seek revenge out?

if you take out his kids then theres no longer a threat from his family, but maybe someone will come after you for taking out the kids...

for number 1, im not sure we will ever know the truth to what happened or not so i can not answer, my guess is he probably had his ak with him... who knows. i wasnt there.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Just some random thoughts here and I figured I'll never get a real answer to this but I'll toss it out there to get it off my mind so to speak.

1) All the images I have seen of Bin Laden he has always been armed or had an arm (typically AK) with him. Yet the NAVY SEALs find him in his room unarmed? :dunno:

From what I read he was a fighter. He was a commander in afghan when they killed the Russians out. So it seems odd that he would not die fighting (ie. die in a hail of bullets) and instead get caught unarmed and instead shot? Just does not seem like the "fighter" I read about?

1) He was in the bedroom of his little hideaway that was apparently pretty quiet in terms of gunfighting for quite sometime (years). If he didn't think he needed a bunch of armed guards (other than the Pakistan military), it could be safe to assume he thought he didn't need a gun strapped to him whilst he slept.

2) UBL was a bad guy. We are supposed to be the good guys. John Wayne would not approve of shooting the kids. I don't think the international community would have taken to fondly to it either.

3) No. The Patriot Act is something else that should be double tapped in the middle of the night. How does the obnoxiously over used saying go: If the blah blah blah, then the terrorist won. Well, I think the "blah blah blah" in this case = airport gets to feel up your kids and the government can now make other further intrusions on your personal life without a warrant. The existence and the actions of that particular terrorist group have altered our way of life (economic/liberty/etc), so I'm guessing it probably was worth it to UBL. Then again, the Patriot Act did help protect us all from Full Tilt Poker, so I guess I take that back.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

2) This may be out of line on all sort of levels but should we really have left any of his family members alive? (ie. kids, wifes, etc..) We just killed the dad of those kids. Some of those kids will/can grow up with one thing in mind: revenge to America. Yes it sounds cold and heartless but would it not have been wiser to ensure all of them were taken care of and removed the threat once and for all (ie. you don't just cut the stem of a weed, you pull it full out and to make sure make a whole and take all the surrounding dirt with it). Could we not after sending in the SEALs sent a bomb or to and made a big crater of the area.

3) Was it worth it? Not the killing of him, he had that coming for a long time. But look back at the last 10 years and how the USA has changed (Homeland Security, Patriot Act, etc..). Are we better off now then before freedom/liberty wise?

im glad we killed him. I dont care if he was sitting in a chair with his hands up, I would have shot him if given the honor. as far as the kids, those kids have no idea what a real life is, i almost feel sorry for them. maybe one or two will become martyrs themselves but who cares, they will meet the same fate as their sperm donor. I hope the rest can have a quiet life in the REAL world. Those kids didnt plan 9/11 and kill thousands. their father did. I dont know many people who would wanna be judged by what their fathers did. I'm very happy at the way this went down.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    1. It had been 10 years, he probably felt safe

2. I dont care what they grow up to d0 I dont advocate killing kids

3. Worth every bit of it

ETA: I misread #3. No it was not

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    MAYBE Bin Laden is gone...
    They refuse to release the pictures.
    If Bush was still president, the media would already be saying, "Maybe something happened in Pakistan last weekend, but there is no proof that the military did anything worthwhile."

We'll have to wait until Donald Trump :tinfoil: forces Obama to release the pictures.

Doug

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

3). Nope. Not better off. Osama won and got exactly what he was looking for.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

Maybe he got caught with his pants down;)

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Him being alive was "Justification" for the war to continue. I sometimes wonder if we didnt let him live to feed the war machine. I mean, come on!!!! The greatest nation on earth cant find the most publicly exposed man ever? BS!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    im glad we killed him. I dont care if he was sitting in a chair with his hands up, I would have shot him if given the honor. as far as the kids, those kids have no idea what a real life is, i almost feel sorry for them. maybe one or two will become martyrs themselves but who cares, they will meet the same fate as their sperm donor. I hope the rest can have a quiet life in the REAL world. Those kids didnt plan 9/11 and kill thousands. their father did. I dont know many people who would wanna be judged by what their fathers did. I'm very happy at the way this went down.

Don't take this wrong ranger. I would thought that you would have been on the camp of kill them all. Your answer did surprise me.

As to the others that say he got comfortable. Hum.. perhaps but I personally never taught he would. He survived for so long always on the run, on the move, perhaps as he got older that is what made him relax a bit.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    when it is very likely they will grow up to be fitted with vests made of semtex.
    :rolleyes: so since your a felon, I should treat you like every other felon even though you claim you were done wrong? seriously. think before you spout off here.

yeah, i believe that most of them over there hate us and would love to kill us, but short of dropping a bomb, which i know will never happen, there's not much you can do till they come and try. i dont believe in hunting down innocent kids just because their father was a freak.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    :rolleyes: so since your a felon, I should treat you like every other felon even though you claim you were done wrong? seriously. think before you spout off here.

yeah, i believe that most of them over there hate us and would love to kill us, but short of dropping a bomb, which i know will never happen, there's not much you can do till they come and try. i dont believe in hunting down innocent kids just because their father was a freak.

Nah, NYFelon was saying that since he's a felon someone should introduce his kids to the youth in Asia lest they grow up like daddy.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

Not quite. What I'm saying is that had they been raised in their father's presence, they would have either grown up to have been educated commanders of ignorant fools willing to off themselves to kill a few infidels (most likely scenario), or have been human weapons themselves (least likely scenario). In either case, They present a future threat better dealt with now than down the road when they can actually inflict harm.

Nah, NYFelon was saying that since he's a felon someone should introduce his kids to the youth in Asia lest they grow up like daddy.

ad hominem attacks. I'm shocked. :orly:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Not quite. What I'm saying is that had they been raised in their father's presence, they would have either grown up to have been educated commanders of ignorant fools willing to off themselves to kill a few infidels (most likely scenario), or have been human weapons themselves (least likely scenario). In either case, They present a future threat better dealt with now than down the road when they can actually inflict harm.

ad hominem attacks. I'm shocked. :orly:

i think your giving bin laden too much credit. see he wanted everyone else to die for his cause. he didnt wanna do it himself. when the time came to fight for his actions he ran away (2001). he talked a big game but in the end he was a pansy coward who sent women and boys to do his work. and hid behind innocent people as human shields. binladen never would let his own kids fight and die. the son that was killed was probly just too far gone because of his age. the other kids hopefully will learn that Americans are not all bad.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    i think your giving bin laden too much credit. see he wanted everyone else to die for his cause. he didnt wanna do it himself. when the time came to fight for his actions he ran away (2001). he talked a big game but in the end he was a pansy coward who sent women and boys to do his work. and hid behind innocent people as human shields. binladen never would let his own kids fight and die. the son that was killed was probly just too far gone because of his age. the other kids hopefully will learn that Americans are not all bad.

But what you describe was his power. He had significant sway over men without much capacity to think for themselves. I agree with you, in the long and short of it, UBL himself was a *****. He wanted everyone else to do what he didn't have the lluevos to do himself. Unfortunately for us, he was very efficient at it. It seems he had a limitless supply of sheep with which to do his filthy, murderous deeds.

Then you have Ayman Al Zawahiri, who, though not as recognized as UBL, even in his own world, is an educated man. He's a physician by trade, and would find no trouble whatsoever in rallying men to his cause, even the angered, vengeful children of his former employer.

While I agree that for the most part killing children is repugnant, no rule is absolute, or without exception.

Top Bottom