So... Friday ice storm..., good day to go, or bad day to go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If there are screaming deals on a vendor table (say a nice revolver at a significant price under value) then the first day is always the best day to go as these items will be sold off first come first served. Isle normally wide open after the starting bell at 2 and do not see much higher crowds till later in the evening as the people’s le get off work. This is when the booth to booth sales seem to happen.

Saturday normally has the highest turnout and the more crowded isles. Normal run of the mill current production items will still be available all weekend once again unless the demand outruns the supply. People hold strong on price if the crowds are high.

sunday morning is my favorite as some who don’t want to haul it back home will be a little more willing to deal. Sure the first rate smoking he made a mistake on what he had deals are gone. Isle less crowded as some are in church Others are getting prepped to watch some football. I like sunday first off in line myself. I can not remember how many times I have found someone giving away a last day of the three day pass in the lot on the way in. I normally know from here the percentage of garage sale booths in attendance and what sales others have found on ammo and components.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Going to see how the weather goes. Was planning on coming down this afternoon. Right now, roads up here are iced over and nasty.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Turned out to be a good day to go.

Drive down at 2:00 PM wasn't bad at all. Traveled about 80% of posted speed. Got there at 2:15PM and parked closer than I ever have. No line to get in.

Here's the best part. They setup less tables so the aisles were WIDE!

Crowd was light, but that is good for those that do go. Only a few tables were empty.

Here's the worst part. Didn't look at handguns at all. My next two purchases aren't out yet.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I was out doing some errands and was debating on going. Decided after a couple places I was gonna have lunch were closed that maybe today wasn’t the best day. Planning to head over in the morning. Only really interested in the safe guy’s offerings, that and more hot pepper cheese.

Matt

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I ran deliveries all day, the roads were slippery but passable. The evening rush-hour was quite calm for Friday night. I enjoyed today.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I was supposed to have to work all weekend, so I spent all my fun money ordering stuff in the last couple weeks. Now we're closed for the weekend, and I really ought not spend any more on gun stuff for a bit.

So now if I decide to go, I have to take something to sell, and I don't think I have anything that I want to sell.

Oh well, I'll try again in March.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You are quite welcome Trigger Time and Goldtrigger (I'm seeing a trend here with triggers.) I'm glad to do this, plus I get to post stuff like: OPERATION WRITE BOSMA II and OPERATION ARC LIGHT BOSMA. With the short session in the General Assembly there won't be OPERATION WRITE BOSMA III at the March 1500. Hopefully HB 1022 will become law on 1 July and we won't need to ARC LIGHT Bosma for a while.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    You are quite welcome Trigger Time and Goldtrigger (I'm seeing a trend here with triggers.) I'm glad to do this, plus I get to post stuff like: OPERATION WRITE BOSMA II and OPERATION ARC LIGHT BOSMA. With the short session in the General Assembly there won't be OPERATION WRITE BOSMA III at the March 1500. Hopefully HB 1022 will become law on 1 July and we won't need to ARC LIGHT Bosma for a while.

I am looking forward to meeting some INGO members(maybe put faces to spaces) at the booth and signing the target. It is such a neat idea.

Top Bottom