• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    hello,

1st let me say I have never been to an indoor shooting range and have only shot what I have owned.. But was reading about indoor ranges and wanted to know the what does it cost to rent a gun???, what kind of guns can be rented???

Does the owner of the gun sit with you when, he has just handed someone a box of ammo, an gun they have not handled before and who knows what kind of knowledge the shooter has????

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    Normally its 10 to 20 to rent the gun. Then you have to use their ammo. In my experience they ask you if you now how to use the gun and will show you how to operate it. Every range is different so it is best to just call ahead to find out how they do it. What range are you looking to go to?

DerFreischutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Lafayette/Fort Wayne
    There's a place called Applied Ballistics in Lafayette that does a lot of renting. The link shows their prices. The only thing I've ever rented was a Class III, i.e., full-auto Uzi, that cost $50 for 30 min (included one box of ammo). The experience was awesome. For that weapon, a store employee went to the range with my friend and I, showed us all the controls, and watched us run the first couple of magazines. Then we were left alone.

I've seen them rent to people, ask them their familiarity with firearms, then let them be if they judge the person to be competent.

One time I saw a large group of international students (almost certainly from nearby Purdue) rent a variety of weapons. None had every shot any type of gun before, but they got to and seemed to love it. So I guess experience is not a requirement, but if you have some, I expect a store will respect that and not hover incessantly.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hate to be so vague, it the rental fees all depend on the specific range that you're patronizing.

-J-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Most places will let you switch out guns to try multiple different types for the 20 or so dollars. Though of course some wont let you do this and will only let you shoot the original one you chose.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Why renting?
    If you can run fast just go to Don's. :D
    That's a joke of course, dont go there, their renting guns are probably very bad.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Another data point from a range up in Michigan last week: $16 / half hr, plus $8 / half hr range fee.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah I like to rent full auto too! Rented Popguns HK in .45 that was cool. Then one time I was in there when a guy was renting his own Full autos. Paid him for 50 rnds of .45 to shoot out of his 1928 Thompson W/drum mag coolest gun I ever shot! And that cuts compensator really tamed muzzel climb. Shot the Thompsom better that the HK, and at nearly 30lbs I gaind a whole new respect for the guys that carried them around all day during WWII. Of course I also get that same feeling every time I fire my Mauser or Mosin. Can't imagine what my shoulder would fee like after shooting those guns all day during combat. Also I wonder how any of those guys had any hearing left. A great big :patriot: to all thos who have served in combat.

W24P

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Applied Ballistics rents handguns for 8 and rifles for 16. You have to use their ammo. They're really nice in there, buy the rental selection isnt very large. Fun range though.

Top Bottom