So I did it... I got a Wilson Combat 1911!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Went up to the Indiana Gun Club with the wife today to look at guns and we ended up picking up a Sig p938 for her and a Wilson Combat X-Tac .45 for myself. Pretty happy and I can't wait to get to the range.

Going to field strip it tonight and clean/lube it and get it ready.

Looked at the Ultracarry as well but couldn't wrap myself around the aluminum frame. I plan on having this gun for a loooooong time and opted for steel over aluminum for the frame.

Only downside is it has a small scratch on the slide where it was in contact with the glass. Looks like somebody wasn't super careful but I dismissed this because I plan on carrying it and I know that is the first of many. Now to avoid the "idiot scratch"!

wc1911.jpg

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Congratulations! I was there today also. I came close to bringing home one of the XTac Compacts but elected to get a Kobra Carry.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Went up to the Indiana Gun Club with the wife today to look at guns and we ended up picking up a Sig p938 for her and a Wilson Combat X-Tac .45 for myself. Pretty happy and I can't wait to get to the range.

Going to field strip it tonight and clean/lube it and get it ready.

Looked at the Ultracarry as well but couldn't wrap myself around the aluminum frame. I plan on having this gun for a loooooong time and opted for steel over aluminum for the frame.

Only downside is it has a small scratch on the slide where it was in contact with the glass. Looks like somebody wasn't super careful but I dismissed this because I plan on carrying it and I know that is the first of many. Now to avoid the "idiot scratch"!

wc1911.jpg

That is fantastic and a worthy passer downer for sure! Congrats and break that sweet piece in!!! :D

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Congrats, Mike! The WC looks great. I hope you have many hours of shooting enjoyment with it.

As for the P938, be sure to read up on some of the problems that have been encountered by some buyers. It's a great little gun, but it has had a history of some problems. If you know about them beforehand, it's less likely that you'll be disappointed.

There are some threads here as well as on SigTalk.com. I love mine (compared with shooting my Kel-Tec PF-9), but had to send it back to the factory once. Seems to be OK now.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    WHAAAT! You didn't get the Kimber? Just kidding, looks real nice, have not had the opportunity to 'coon finger' one of them. I can imagine that they are really nice.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Just checked the Sig. Serial is 52XX and was born Oct 12, 2012. It should have the new/upgraded extractor, guide rod, spring, and disconnector.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That is a keeper! If ya'll keep buying Wilsons at Indy Gun Club I'm not going to have anything left to ogle over there. :( They're having quite a run...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Got my "Christmas" Nighthawk at Elmore's today so I feel your pleasure.
    PM me and I'll try to make arrangements to show you how to avoid the "idiot scratch" problem.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I watched several videos on YouTube about the idiot scratch. I should be able to avoid it so long as I pay attention to what I'm doing. If I'm concerned... I have plenty of gaffers tape :-).

Top Bottom