• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Okay let me set the scene..... I work at a bar in an area of Indy that has recently become pretty hostile on the weekends and has everyone on edge as far as the customer base after 1 am goes....

So on Friday 8/3 after closing time (3 am) I am working on getting all of my bar back things accomplished, as I am the bar back and head of security I delegated to all of the other security staff to make sure everything that they need to do is done while I continued finishing my bar back duties.... Well I continue onto the back bar (2 bars in the building) to finish up and I turned away from the back door to pick up floor mats and I hear the back door open and then I hear," GIVE ME THE MONEY! GIVE ME THE MONEY!" Without thinking twice I drew from CC but did not train my weapon in the direction of the voice right away as I have been taught to assess before pointing your weapon and luckily I recognized the person as one of my co-workers coming inside from smoking with one of the managers and the look on his face was completely SHOCKED and right after my co-worker and manager had seen I drew my weapon they immediately yell out for me not to shoot....

My manager had no idea that I carried while at work but did know that I carry on a regular basis.... He had pulled me aside after mostly every other co-worker had left and had told me that he was very impressed with my reaction time to the situation regardless if he was joking or not.... So I'm guessing that he likes the idea of me carrying while at work now and after seeing my reaction time plus my ability not to shoot blindly, I'm assuming he is much more comfortable knowing that I have the ability to protect myself and my co-workers if anything were to really happen....

Needless to say the next day when I came in the co-worker I thought was robbing us kind of lowered his head when I came through the door but I calmly took him to the side and said," Hey, I know that you just joking but in all seriousness, when it comes to after hours, when all the bar staff has cash laying all over the place would not be a good time at all to play a joke like that especially when we have had so many issues recently in the neighborhood."

No further reprimanding was done with my co-worker and it all ended peacefully, thankfully.....

Just thought I would share my story with INGO

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    Glad you have good control on your emotions and not as you said blind firing. But also good reaction to the moment and drawing your weapon and being prepared to engage and possible threat.

What do you carry??

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    sounds like it turned out to be a great experience for everyone. And as stated, there are sometimes that everyone should know not to play. Especially not in a bad neighborhood. +1 to your boss for handling it well too.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    you are a bar back and head of security? thats a pretty strange mix of responsibility.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Some people think they're really funny until their actions lead to consequences. Is this person sortof a comedian most times or is it out of character? I'm guessing he feels rather meek now :) (not that meek = weak)

Top Bottom