• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    "So I got a call the other day. It was a call that I decided to ignore as I often do. I let the machine get it so my parents can go through and I won't be a secretary. Anyways, it's a guy who said";
    'Hello. I am calling because I would like to know if you want to keep guns off the streets and away from criminals. Answer now and I will connect you to our Congressmen so you can say no to some bill........(he waits) ...... .Hello?..........is someone there?...............well, that makes me sad. Goodbye.'

"I will post the message word for word if my parents haven't deleted it yet. Just thought I'd post this in case other people have received similar calls."

Last edited:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    parentsjustdontundersta.jpg

:dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    it was a call that i decided to ignore as i oftendo. i let the machine ge it so my parents can go thru and i won be a secretary. anyway. its a guy who said
    Hello. i am caling becus i would like to knowif you want o keep guns off the streets and away from criminals. answer now and i will connect you to our congressmen so you can say no to some bill........(he waits) ...... .hello?..........is someone there?...............well, that makes me sad. goodby.
    i will post the message word for word if my parents havnt deleted it yet. just thought id post this in case other people have gotten calls:popcorn:

I think I would have picked it up. "Do I want to keep guns off our streets and away from criminals? Of course I do. They should only be sold to those of us who would use them in response to criminal activity to remove violent criminals from our society.....Hello? Hello?"... then researched the bill (call it a wild guess: HR 822) and decide if I wanted to contact my Congress-critters to support it. (I do and I have.)

Of note, and no insult intended, only a hopefully-helpful suggestion: If you decide to write to your Congressional representatives, please have someone check your letters for spelling and grammar. If you decide to do so, you may PM me. I would be happy to assist. Again, no insult is intended, I mean only to help.

Blessings,
    Bill

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Good

Of note, and no insult intended, only a hopefully-helpful suggestion: If you decide to write to your Congressional representatives, please have someone check your letters for spelling and grammar. If you decide to do so, you may PM me. I would be happy to assist. Again, no insult is intended, I mean only to help.

Blessings,
    Bill

That may honestly be the most needed offer I've ever seen on this forum.

ah meen it taht may bee teh moast hepful awfur anybuddy evur givded hear, no shizzle! :D

Uhhh, just sayin'.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    This was a call for support of Melina Kennedy I'm sure. I saw an ad this morning on tv where she's claiming the FOP is behind her instead of Ballard and that he won't sign on with other Govs across the country to keep illegal firearms off the street. Crime is up ya da ya da.

She's referring to some kinda document that several liberal Govs have said committing theirselves to get guns off the street, not just illegal ones.

Can't say for 100% certainty that's what it was but I'd say it's highly probably based on the tv ad.

Personally, I think they're both commies!

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I'll second what Bill of Rights said. We need not give the Brady Bunch anything with which they could label us as backwards, uneducated, ill-informed, etc. Please contact your representatives and if necessary, have someone you trust check your grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This was a call for support of Melina Kennedy I'm sure. I saw an ad this morning on tv where she's claiming the FOP is behind her instead of Ballard and that he won't sign on with other Govs across the country to keep illegal firearms off the street. Crime is up ya da ya da.

She's referring to some kinda document that several liberal Govs have said committing theirselves to get guns off the street, not just illegal ones.

Can't say for 100% certainty that's what it was but I'd say it's highly probably based on the tv ad.

Personally, I think they're both commies!

She's all upset and sad that Ballard hasn't joined Bloomberg's "Mayors against illegal guns". IIRC, there was a quick footnote at the bottom of the screen during that part of the ad.

hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    i dont think its about kennedy. not going to get too political. and shut up you guys :P this is informal writing. when i write anything like a letter or even email to anyone, i read it over with a fine toothed comb. trust me, i may only be 20 but im not ignorant when it comes to... certain things :P

i was typing the origional post with one hand and i often miss the letter T when i do

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    i dont think its about kennedy. not going to get too political. and shut up you guys :P this is informal writing. when i write anything like a letter or even email to anyone, i read it over with a fine toothed comb. trust me, i may only be 20 but im not ignorant when it comes to... certain things :P

i was typing the origional post with one hand and i often miss the letter T when i do

You're correct, this is informal writing. I'm glad to see that you're conscientious about your more formal communication and again, I meant no offense, only an offer of assistance.

Blessings,
    Bill

hrdwarhax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    Marion Co. Castleton
    ok lets see, in order.
    no offence taken :) and thank you for the offer
    and to public servent, my laptop is right nextto my bed. i usually watch M*A*S*H beforei go to bed. i was laying down and cold only reach with one hand at the angle i was at. just to dispell any rumers :P

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "It's not about cross-word puzzles"

THE FOLLOWING IS VERBATIM with <sic> added where needed:
    i<sic> dont<sic> think its<sic> about kennedy. <sic> not going to get too political. and shut up you guys :P this is informal writing. when i <sic>write anything like a letter or even email to anyone, i <sic>read it over with a fine toothed comb. trust me, i<sic> may only be 20 but im <sic>not ignorant when it comes to... certain things :P i <sic>was typing the origional <sic>post with one hand and i <sic>often miss the letter T when i<sic> do
    20, eh? Old enough to take correction and criticism.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy

That's a lot better! :D

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Uh, you guys are better than me. I have no idea what was being stated in the OP.

DUOP (Didn't Understand Original Post):

"So I got a call the other day. It was a call that I decided to ignore as I often do. I let the machine get it so my parents can go through and I won't be a secretary. Anyways, it's a guy who said";

'Hello. I am calling because I would like to know if you want to keep guns off the streets and away from criminals. Answer now and I will connect you to our Congressmen so you can say no to some bill...(he waits)....Hello?, he says...is someone there?...well, that makes me sad. Goodbye.'

"I will post the message word for word if my parents haven't deleted it yet. Just thought I'd post this in case other people have received similar calls."

*Go ahead and copy and paste that into your OP. :D It's times like this that make me wish I was a Mod. ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom