• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    So I am watching the news, wich my doctor advised me to stop doing, and am just getting pissed off. So the majority of unions and their members are democrats and voted to keep Obama in office. Thus dooming us to a
    Black abyss of the bill that is The Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare. Then when the cuts to the jobs, pension funds and other things start happening due to the over burdening regulations of that law, they go on strike? You voted for it so get your ass back to work. It's things like this make unions fall farther and farther out of the good graces of most Americans.:xmad:

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Yup...most of the country voted to watch the jets crash into the towers...(metaphorically speaking),but to be fair,this is a course our jet has been on for a long time,and NOBODY has been elected that would take drastic measures...

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    logic.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yup...most of the country voted to watch the jets crash into the towers...(metaphorically speaking),but to be fair,this is a course our jet has been on for a long time,and NOBODY has been elected that would take drastic measures...

Yes, but the terrorists are giving them free prayer rugs with those explosions this time!

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    best to stop fretting about it indeed. it'll **** you off. i have a hard time because no one seems to give a **** and regards me as a conspiracy guy when i inform them of FACTS that they don't like.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    best to stop fretting about it indeed. it'll **** you off. i have a hard time because no one seems to give a **** and regards me as a conspiracy guy when i inform them of FACTS that they don't like.

Don't you just love that? Clear facts, sound interpretation including historic antecedents in which the same things happened in the same way and did not end well, any not only are you crazy, but it is a conspiracy theory (as opposed to simply seeing what is plainly in front of you).

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    some people prefer just getting used to the new normal, rather than being pissed off about it. personal opinion i guess. maybe i'll die an early death due to getting worked up about ****. i was certainly happier when i was ignorant.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    some people prefer just getting used to the new normal, rather than being pissed off about it. personal opinion i guess. maybe i'll die an early death due to getting worked up about ****. i was certainly happier when i was ignorant.

You have the same problem I do--I just can't let my life turn into a delusional fantasy so I don't have to deal with the fact that the place really is going down the drain.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    You have the same problem I do--I just can't let my life turn into a delusional fantasy so I don't have to deal with the fact that the place really is going down the drain.

yeah but you can drive yourself crazy and broke prepping for all the possibilities. ive been there, albeit under some heavy narcotics. truth told i probably wont be satisfied until i start pouring for a bunker, and then id likely just live in the damn thing.
    so its a very fine line between prepping and whackadoodle survivalist living off the grid, at least for me. i often have to keep from spending my paycheck on supplies instead of bills.
    im seriously considering going back to being ignorant.
    my dad keeps telling me to ride the roller coaster rather than try and stop it, at 65 hes seen a lot, korea, vietnam, cold war and a billion middle east conflicts. hes happy in not worrying. me, something inside me usually tells me something is wrong, and when its time to jump ship right before SHTF, and im usually right.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Based on your lucid arguments, it sounds like you should still be pretty happy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    yeah but you can drive yourself crazy and broke prepping for all the possibilities. ive been there, albeit under some heavy narcotics. truth told i probably wont be satisfied until i start pouring for a bunker, and then id likely just live in the damn thing.
    so its a very fine line between prepping and whackadoodle survivalist living off the grid, at least for me. i often have to keep from spending my paycheck on supplies instead of bills.
    im seriously considering going back to being ignorant.
    my dad keeps telling me to ride the roller coaster rather than try and stop it, at 65 hes seen a lot, korea, vietnam, cold war and a billion middle east conflicts. hes happy in not worrying. me, something inside me usually tells me something is wrong, and when its time to jump ship right before SHTF, and im usually right.

The significant difference I see between any of your dad's experiences with rough times and the present is that this time there is a brick wall across the track and we are speeding toward it. Personally, if I had the means to live off the grid, I would, both on account of reliability and the control that can be exerted by shutting off the [insert utility of your choice].

The bottom line is that you see what is coming and understand its true nature in a way that most people don't, and it definitely is not a pretty picture.

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    I was worried when I logged back on and seen this thing had went to two pages. But I'm pleasantly surprised that most of it was positive. But I'm curious what the presidents race has to do with price of tea in china? He's black so what. Most the senators that passed Obamacare were white. Race is a non factor for me, but maybe that comes from serving three combat deployments with men and women of all races. My original point was we are facing a very rough time. And the very ignorant ass people who chose this path are *****ing. This a direct extension from this bull **** Walmart strike. Ohh working on a holiday offends you? Go ask a soldier sailor or marine deployed and MIGHT be lucky enough to talk to family on some ****ty as phone that barely has good reception using phone cards they had to buy for some sympathy as you go home to your family after work. Or better yet when REAL unemployment is 14% be happy you have a job. Ask the employees of hostess how striking worked out for them. Albeit that was a combination of horrible business practices and a union led strike that contributed to that fiasco. But still. We as a country made our bed. And now the liberal democrats of all people don't want to lay in it. And to that I say too damn bad, and go f yourself!
    Sorry about my soap box.

Top Bottom