• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I bought a spyderco for my father-in-law a year or so ago and he has loved it. Well it now has to be retired. Yesterday while using it at work to cut some wire ties, he managed to nick the main power for one of the server racks... Well I will let the picture tell the rest of the story....

photo.JPG

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I certainly hope he's okay. The warranty may not cover that one. LOL!

Yea he is fine. My guess is that the non metallic scales saved him from that zap. He is supposed to get a hold of spyderco today to see if he can buy a new blade for it. But looking through several blade forums, it doesn't appear that his odds are good.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I bought a spyderco for my father-in-law a year or so ago and he has loved it. Well it now has to be retired. Yesterday while using it at work to cut some wire ties, he managed to nick the main power for one of the server racks... Well I will let the picture tell the rest of the story....

photo.JPG

Is that the new spyderco serration?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Yea he is fine. My guess is that the non metallic scales saved him from that zap. He is supposed to get a hold of spyderco today to see if he can buy a new blade for it. But looking through several blade forums, it doesn't appear that his odds are good.

It can be done, you have to talk with the right person. If you try and get it done with the first person that answers the phone, it probably won't happen.
    I have had blades replaced several times, including a whole new knife sent back to me that had the blade tip broke (normally not covered under warranty) at no charge. In my case, I still had to send my customer's knife to Spyderco. They won't just ship you a new blade. :twocents:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Spyderco Delica Full Flat Grind loses the fight to electric current! Details at 11:00!

Brad has done amazing works of customer service for his customers when dealing with manufacturers. It's one of many good reasons to do business with him!

I second the idea of getting a new blade if you can buy it at a substantially reduced price. On the other hand, knives with cool burns from electrical discharges are a good reminder of how lucky you are to be alive! I'd put that in a display case and buy a new Spyderco (from Brad).

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I bought a spyderco for my father-in-law a year or so ago and he has loved it. Well it now has to be retired. Yesterday while using it at work to cut some wire ties, he managed to nick the main power for one of the server racks... Well I will let the picture tell the rest of the stry....

I'll bet the server admins were loving him yesterday...

Top Bottom