• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maine allows gun owners to carry concealed weapons without permit | Reuters

Opponents, including Maine Chiefs of Police Association, said rigorous background checks kept weapons out of the hands of felons.

I applaud Maine, but jeers to the Chiefs of Police Association. People who use guns for nefarious purposes carry them anyway. The "vigorous background checks" had nothing to do with it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The International Association of Chiefs of Police in no way represents rank and file police, but they do represent the bidding of the big city mayors who appoint them in their respective cities.
    Check out what the National Sheriffs' Association has to say regarding guns.
    It bears mention that sheriff's are elected.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Maine allows gun owners to carry concealed weapons without permit | Reuters

Opponents, including Maine Chiefs of Police Association, said rigorous background checks kept weapons out of the hands of felons.

I applaud Maine, but jeers to the Chiefs of Police Association. People who use guns for nefarious purposes carry them anyway. The "vigorous background checks" had nothing to do with it.
    Yep. If I'm a felon and need me a gun you bet your ass I'm gonna get me a gun without a background check.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Now is the time for the repeal of every un-Constitutional law in the CONUS - everywhere in the CONUS - not just in limited areas. "Shall not be infringed" seems pretty simple to me. But then I am not a Judge.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Rep. Jim Lucas has said he'll be re-introducing his bill again, this next session. Start writing and calling your reps. and senators now to prepare the ground.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    One can only dream that one day people will wake up and understand that the only way to defeat a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Pen and paper don’t work on bad guys.

I was a fairly well educated person before I became a "so-called gun owner" and it is statements like this one which have always struck me as TOO TRUE TO IGNORE.

Nice quote.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    We have traded the Divine Right of Kings for the Devine Right of Bureaucracies. It is the lefts agenda to destroy the rights of the individual. We are living in the Tyranny of the Bureaucracies and until we have three branches of the government willing to cut them out of the unconstitutional picture they have been painted into we will all suffer the consequences.

LastShot123

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I wonder how this would effect gun rights of permanent residents/green card holders, or if it wouldn't have any effect at all since they are not actually citizens. As it stands now, I dont believe a green card holder can receive a carry permit, but can purchase firearms legally after 6 months of residency. I have a friend who is waiting on his citizenship paperwork still to go through and thats what made me think of this.
    My immediate guess is that constitutional carry would only pertain to citizens, but thought if throw it out there

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I wonder how this would effect gun rights of permanent residents/green card holders

It does not.

As it stands now, I dont believe a green card holder can receive a carry permit, but can purchase firearms legally after 6 months of residency.

A green card holder can receive a carry permit. We have several here on INGO.

As long as they comply with an exception, e.g. buy a hunting license, they can purchase.

The exceptions are in 18 USC §922(y)(2)(A-D) if you want to look at the purchase exceptions (or if you need to sleep).:D

See if this helps, Last: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/n...t-for-non-u.s.-citizens-purchasing-firearms-1

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Rep. Jim Lucas has said he'll be re-introducing his bill again, this next session. Start writing and calling your reps. and senators now to prepare the ground.

I just dropped in to mention Rep. Lucas. If you care about constitutional carry in Indiana, contact him and offer to help.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I hate the idea of Constitutional Carry. I love the idea of being able to carry in all 50 states, but that decision should be left to the individual states to decide.

What part of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" leaves room for the States to infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms?

Top Bottom