So rather than addressing the problems of SSRI's...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    i agree some deeper insight is needed on these meds however I also think there are many people out there who have no business having a gun even though it is a right.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Look for them to expand their list of "untrustworthy" Citizens in order to confiscate as many firearms as possible.
    Liberals will use ANY excuse to get their way.
    Lying, cheating, and stealing are routine measures for them.
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they'd commit murder to further their agenda.
    I'm afraid that we are approaching the "Straw that broke the camels back" scenario which will lead to some really unpleasant times in the U.S. :(

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I take SSRIs and own several guns. I'm not keen on the government (or anyone else for that matter) trying to forcibly change that.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    If you are too dangerous to own firearms while taking this type of medication then you probably shouldn't be governing or policing either.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    If you are too dangerous to own firearms while taking this type of medication then you probably shouldn't be governing or policing either.
    Drinking alcohol has a detrimental effect on most peoples judgment.
    Are they going to take the firearms away from everyone who drinks?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Most of us have a tragic story dealing with SSRI's. I do.​
    My brother killed himself with a pipe bomb instead of going to jail for 60 days for his second dui after drinking 1 beer, but was on 13 different meds... all prescribed... A cocktail of death!
    I don't blame him though... He had a Genius IQ! It's 'the PC way' to deal with your problems.... Not the truth that society is so gummed up from monetary evaluations and misplaced hatred for what is misunderstood...
    On the confiscation front...
    Plain and simple... IT'S ALL HAPPENED BEFORE. IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.
    Do we seriously have so short of memory that we cannot recall what happened to Germany in the 30's? Or Comm. Russia under Lennon? Or Mao... etc... Look at their actual translated documents! Almost word for word!
    It's the same story... Over and over again. Going back to even Rome!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    THIS is EXACTLY why any background check is completely and entirely useless UNLESS it includes complete and full medical history disclosure.

It is interesting to note that in more than one instance (Lanza, Hasan, etc.) the perpetrators of particularly heinous crimes had SOME sort of history of being, at some point, on some form of medication.

Medications certainly appear able to 'stabilize' people with challenges, but only when and if those people consistently take that medication as prescribed.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Why the popcorn? There is a pretty documentable effect of SSRI's in patients whose mind is still developing. I know the above link was posted once before, and also illustrates the point. This is just another effort that is targeting the wrong item. Target the psychotropic meds and their over-prescription, not guns.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Will someone please show me where the invisible asterisk following the Second Amendment is located?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Probably the well regulated part. Want to LOL, but totally not.

Two major problems there. First, 'regulated' in the context of contemporaneous usage meant to make something work properly, not apply restrictions as 'regulate' has been commonly redefined to mean, making this in several instances a de facto amendment to the Constitution by simply redefining the language. Second, 'well regulated' refers to the intent so far at the government facilitating the efficient operation of the militia (i.e., the assembly of armed citizens, not the national guard as popularly redefined starting more or less at the same time as the Federal Reserve was hatched) before specifying that the right OF THE PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Top Bottom