So... Remember That Girl I Helped Convert to a Shooter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    It is always a nice feeling when you help someone to properly get that first shot off. My only advice would be to wear eye protection. Teacher and student.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I have to concur with Dawall, great that you taught a non-shooter the proper way to shoot, yes you need the eye protection. Only other thing that I can point out was how she pointed the gun at the cameraman after she fired it. That should IMHO been told to her about keeping the muzzle pointed down range at all times.

Thanks for allowing a non-shooter to shoot and I hope she becomes a gun enthusiast, and passes it on down to her children all because of you shooting with her.

INGunGuy

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I'm not going to critisize technique (plenty of other guys no doubt will)

Women who shoot guns without acting all scared are hot.

rec4309

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Grandville, MI
    Good job increasing the number of shooters. I took my 7 yo granddaughter out last fall (with a pink cricket) and all she asks now is when is it going to be warm enough to go shooting. She also loves to scrounge for brass, life is good.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have to concur with Dawall, great that you taught a non-shooter the proper way to shoot, yes you need the eye protection.

Yeah, I noted that in the original thread. That was a mistake on my part.

Only other thing that I can point out was how she pointed the gun at the cameraman after she fired it. That should IMHO been told to her about keeping the muzzle pointed down range at all times.

Not quite. Very close. Just a couple degrees off.

I didn't want to freak her out, and that's why you see me take control of the muzzle right afterward. She had been told to watch the muzzle, but slipped.

I've found that yelling at a person is a good way to turn them off from shooting.

I had a friend who decided to get his carry permit shortly after I did. We went handgun shopping. Now, he and I had been shooting and hunting together since our early teens. But when he fired a Beretta .380, he forgot himself and started pulling the muzzle in my direction after a couple shots. I grabbed the slide and barrel in the same way.

Difference was that the .380 was still loaded. He got mad at first, then apologized later.

Josh

Top Bottom