• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I need a .22, and I also need it to be a suppressor host at some point too. I just learned that Sig is going to be releasing a .22 "upper" on your choice of 229, 226 or 220 lower with a coupon to purchase the centerfire upper of your choice up to a year later. Best of all, the price! It has been quoted to me at only $469 for it And then later you get the additional upper for about $300.

I need a .22 to suppress and the 229 would be nice I think, but it is more than a MKIII would be and that was my other leading choice outside of one day getting a tiny pistol like a Beretta 21a or something.

Decisions, decisions. I do not want a P22 and would not consider the Mosquito after learning of the price for the real deal Sig that is coming. Another one to consider is the Beretta 87, but I have never seen one in person and they are normally more than the Sig it seems, though I really like them.

Does the Sig seem like a decent deal for the price?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Sounds like a decent price on a basic P229. I'm guessing that is just the blued gun with normal sites? I've owned several 229's, incredible guns!

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I saw those, that is a really great deal that is for sure!

I think I may go with a Ruger MKIII and just get a dedicated .22 that way. I like the idea of the 229, but I have a CZ P-01 that I love and if I get the sig I'd have to get rid of the CZ and I can't bear that as I like it too much.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Ruger is a decent pistol but you will have to send the gun out to have the barrel threaded. The P22 only needs a thread adaptor and the silencer will screw right on. Let us know what you do.

Don Parks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    You could go with the Ruger and get tactical solutions barrel that is threaded.They make some really cool barrels.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    By the way, if the 229 was made too early the kit won't fit on the weapon. There is a big stink at sigforum.com because Sig didn't tell anyone that their older handguns are a different rail width than the newer ones. Hope this helps.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    For the record, this is a new product from Sig, a factory .22 chambered Sig in 229, 220, or 226 so I would assume any kit issues would be worked out. They are assembled as .22s at the factory, and then later you can get a kit to make them centerfire. Backwards as normal. Supposed to be a special run by Sig for now, delivery my the end of the year.

So I assume it would be reliable, and you would get the lifetime warranty to fall back on too. Still not sure, but a suppressed .22 version of a 229 just sounds cool to me. If it was factory threaded then we would really be talking, but they are not. :dunno:

Had a P22 and sold it, it was just a little too small for my tastes, and I had been craving accuracy which is why I am after a Ruger I think. The tacsol uppers are nice, but pricey! I wish there was someone who could thread locally to save on shipping the factory upper off, and you can't just order the stupid things as they have the serial number and have to go to a FFL!

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The new product that Sig just released doesn't fit the older models. If your sig is a non-railed version then it will probibly have play in the slide and frame.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah, but these come with the frame, as in it is an entire gun you are buying and not the .22 conversion kit that has been out for a while now.

They are still nailing down the details on the frame you are getting, beavertail or not, rail or not, they just do not know. Sig Forum is on it though so I have faith we will know before long! :D

I have never owned a Sig before, not positive I need to either so who knows? :dunno:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Good, I hadn't heard that they are making the frame as well now. I know alot of people were "up in arms" about it. (Horrible pun, I know.)

I have heard horror stories about their CS but I had no trouble when I need them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom