• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I applied online a couple weeks ago, paid for my digital fingerprinting and had an appoitment for today. Since the place that does the fingerprinting is done at a hotel here locally, I called ahead to ask where I should go once I get to the hotel. The lady informs me that the guy isn't there, but was there yesterday.

Now get this.

When I scheduled my prints, this little town only had one day a week that they do prints. I chose to scheduled for the only day available that week: Wednesday, October 2nd. This was the only day available to choose from. Well, he's not there... No idea why he was there 'yesterday' as that was not an option for me to choose when scheduling, or I would have went with the earlier date.

9I7DJca.png

So anyhow, after speaking to the lady at the hotel who said the fingerprinting guy didn't show up today I call the customer service line. After waiting 20 minutes to get a person, I get to speak to someone. She said he was there yesterday and doesn't know how I scheduled one for today. o_0. I can 'reschedule', next week, on 'Monday' (the only day he'll be there) but he leaves before noon. I can't get there that early. Or, I can wait two weeks and go on 'Wednesday' when he may be there.

What sort of crazy system is this? I pay money, I have an appointment, and no calls to say it's changed? That it was canceled? No one admits a mistake was made? I'm just glad I didn't waste my time going there to be turned around at the door. Thankful I called ahead.

I don't drive and don't have a car or I would have driven the 30 miles to the next town where I could have possibly gotten it taken care of today. Too short of notice to spring that on my ride.

Sorry for the rant. But I figured the frustration of waiting would have been mostly AFTER I was finger printed and waiting for my LTCH. Not before.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    On the bright side once you get it through the wait is only 1-2 weeks if you have a clean record.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    On the bright side once you get it through the wait is only 1-2 weeks if you have a clean record.

Will I need to re-apply for L1 since I filled the form out like 2 weeks ago? Thought it was only valid for a month until it's processed or something. Now that it's going to be another 2 weeks before I can even get printed, do I need to re-fill that out?

Wheeler-Dealer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    East-Central
    This is utter BS....

The little town of 30,000 people where I live has a place that does the Electronic fingerprints for Morpho trust or whatever it's called now....and it's a small medical procedure business of some sort (orthopedic maybe?).

Anyways...they allowed us to do our scheduling online or by phone and you could schedule an electronic fingerprinting every 15 minutes throughout the entire day and throughout the entire week !

So if their business hours are 40 hrs per week then there was the opportunity for roughly 160 different electronic fingerprinting appointments. Even if you subtract a couple Hours per day for lunch or breaks or whatever, that still leaves around 125 appointment opportunities.

They even had a sign up, near the sign-in sheet/window, that said "If you're here for Electronic Fingerprinting and have been waiting for longer than 10 minutes, come to the window and let them know so we can take you in right away" !!!

It was a very quick and pleasant experience, to say the least. I went straight in, straight up to the window and they took me straight into the back and did the entire process in less than 10 minutes or so.

I think the place that you're going to could definitely take a lesson, or two, from the place that I went to !

Good Luck bud...I hope you get yours really quick after starting out like this !

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It happened to my fAther when he got his prints. The ladies car broke down and she did not make it in. I guess things happen. He went the next week and all was well. Lately I don't think the 1-5 week wait is valid. He got his in 8 weeks.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    No, you have 60 days.

Thanks.

This is utter BS....

The little town of 30,000 people where I live has a place that does the Electronic fingerprints for Morpho trust or whatever it's called now....and it's a small medical procedure business of some sort (orthopedic maybe?).

Anyways...they allowed us to do our scheduling online or by phone and you could schedule an electronic fingerprinting every 15 minutes throughout the entire day and throughout the entire week !

So if their business hours are 40 hrs per week then there was the opportunity for roughly 160 different electronic fingerprinting appointments. Even if you subtract a couple Hours per day for lunch or breaks or whatever, that still leaves around 125 appointment opportunities.

They even had a sign up, near the sign-in sheet/window, that said "If you're here for Electronic Fingerprinting and have been waiting for longer than 10 minutes, come to the window and let them know so we can take you in right away" !!!

It was a very quick and pleasant experience, to say the least. I went straight in, straight up to the window and they took me straight into the back and did the entire process in less than 10 minutes or so.

I think the place that you're going to could definitely take a lesson, or two, from the place that I went to !

Good Luck bud...I hope you get yours really quick after starting out like this !

Sounds exactly like here. Except this town has 12,000 people. There is one place to get printed. I scheduled ONLINE on the ONLY available day to schedule. The rest is frustration. Hopefully when I do get there and get finger printed the experience will be pleasant as yours was.

It happened to my fAther when he got his prints. The ladies car broke down and she did not make it in. I guess things happen. He went the next week and all was well. Lately I don't think the 1-5 week wait is valid. He got his in 8 weeks.

Yikes. I'd be very understanding if that happened, though. I'm just confused as to why I scheduled on the only day they were open that week and the guy came in the wrong day. What did he do that day? How did people schedule appoitments that particular day when it wasn't even an option online? And like a doctors appointment, an appointment with a friend, or anyone else, if something changes.... CALL ME and let me know! Especially if I've already paid money, the equivalent (in my eyes) as a 'reservation' for a particular time and place.

Guess that's one of the downsides to small town living. Yours at least.

True. At least the people around here are generally friendly and the scenery is nice. :)

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Other than being able to pay electronically, I didn't see a big upside to the up sell for electronic finger printing unless they run them through the database, too (which it didn't say that they did). Not that it matters, already stopped by the station and got inked up. I think I read in another thread that someone didn't think that they had the option to stop by their local LE office to get printed, was that your situation or were you just looking for the (now vanished) expedite?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Boy I am sure glad to hear that the wait is only 1 to 2 weeks if you don't have a record.

l went online at 7am got my prints done at 1pm paid at the local police at 2pm.

This is a renewal to lifetime. I have no record. Have had multiple federal back ground checks. Had multiple NICS checks with no delay.

I have only been waiting since June 7th. That's 3 months.

I have emailed ISP 3 times with no answer.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Other than being able to pay electronically, I didn't see a big upside to the up sell for electronic finger printing unless they run them through the database, too (which it didn't say that they did). Not that it matters, already stopped by the station and got inked up. I think I read in another thread that someone didn't think that they had the option to stop by their local LE office to get printed, was that your situation or were you just looking for the (now vanished) expedite?
    I thought they weren't doing ink prints anymore? I thought they only accepted digital prints, yeah?

Boy I am sure glad to hear that the wait is only 1 to 2 weeks if you don't have a record.

l went online at 7am got my prints done at 1pm paid at the local police at 2pm.

This is a renewal to lifetime. I have no record. Have had multiple federal back ground checks. Had multiple NICS checks with no delay.

I have only been waiting since June 7th. That's 3 months.

I have emailed ISP 3 times with no answer.

There seems to be no order in who/how people get their License. Some people been waiting since January. Whereas others gets their license 8 days after paying local fees. I feel like they just shuffle the applications up to make it random and choose from the middle like it's a deck of cards. I really have no idea :)

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I thought they weren't doing ink prints anymore? I thought they only accepted digital prints, yeah?

No, they still do. Filled out my application online last week, got my money order from the post office, went across the street to the PD, paid them, got my fingerprint card and an addressed envelope. Went back to the post office, slapped 2 stamps on it and dropped it in the mail. I did have to exchange the money order because the website was not particularly clear about the amount (separate - one for the state, one for the PD (I paid cash)), but otherwise it was smooth. I asked in another thread about how to determine if your MO was cashed because I was told that I should have it within a few weeks of the cashing.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    They do not accept ink prints anymore.
    You got ink prints taken.by your local police station.
    Your local police station doesn't give you.your LTCH, the state police does.
    The state police only.accepts electronic applications, and electronic fingerprints now.
    There is a difference between. getting printed, and.the state police accepting those prints.

Indiana gun licensing goes all-digital | WHAS11.com Louisville

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    The state police only.accepts electronic applications, and electronic fingerprints now.
    There is a difference between. getting printed, and.the state police accepting those prints.

LTCH.jpg

From my successful submission page last week. So, unless ISP has COMPLETELY screwed up their website and Fishers PD has NO idea of how to deal with it (and the pre-addressed LTCH envelop that the nice lady put my prints and a copy of the app in was a figment of my imagination along with the papers sitting at the front desk with further information about applying for an LTCH through the ISP), they do, in fact, accept them. Is it possible both ISP and FPD got it wrong? Sure. Is it likely?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Indiana gun licensing goes all-digital | WHAS11.com Louisville

IIRC shortly after that one of our fine Indiana Sen or Reps (sorry can't remember which one) contacted the ISP about that. And since not every county has a place to perform the electronic prints (mine for one) they changed their minds and are still allowing ink ones.

ETA It was Sen Tomes. Here is a link where they posted his letter.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iana-electronic-fingerprinting-jim-tomes.html

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    AHH

I just got off the phone with MorphoTrust (or whatever). They called me.

So my schedule for the 16th? Can't happen now. Going to have to re-schedule. So instead of being there on Wednesday, the 16th until 4PM they will be there Monday the 14th until 11AM. ASDaDAhjsdkjsa~!

I couldn't go this week because it was too early, so I scheduled a date much later than my original because it had the option of going at a reasonable time throughout the week. And now that date is canceled.

Man oh man. Looks like I'll be taking a taxi there and back which is going to increase my LTCH cost a lot. Can't Indiana get constitutional carry already? I've not even been printed, but I've already paid $85 three weeks ago and have been pulling out my hair over just this seemingly simple and easy first step. Come on with it already.

EDIT: Quick recap. Scheduled to get printed on the 2nd. I call ahead to find out exactly where to go when I get to the hotel (they operate out of a hotel). Lady informs me the guy isn't there that day, that he was there the day before (although this day was not even listed as an option for me nor a day they operate)... Okay... I reschedule. I can't get there Monday, today, the 7th before Noon so I opt for NEXT week, Wednesday, the 16th at 3:50PM. That works well for me, was the same time I originally scheduled for. I get called today and todl they won't be there Wednesday now, and that if I want to do it next week it has to be Monday before 11AM. 0_o

Last edited:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    See if you can get a refund (or just write off the $8.95) and go to your local LE office? Sounds like you're going to lose more money on the transportation at this point and, hopefully, there is a sheriff's office (or PD) closer.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Well, because a cab ride is $10 there and $10 back I am instead showing up a couple hours before my appointment as I was able to get a oneway ride there to see if I can't get it done earlier. I re-scheduled online too, for 8:35... so lets see if they're there today.

If so, I can go get my money order and head down to the court house which is a short walk from my house and do the rest... then wait!

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom