So, there's a thief in the neighborhood.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Lately theres has been things going on round here.

Gas thievery, a car entry and now the neighbors are finding pry marks on thier home doors.

For the last week I have been survieling a subject that does random walk around the streets here that appears to be "casing the place"

The "place" would be my block.

This person does not live here, but at a low rent motel down the street which I have visually confirmed.

I see this person in the day and at night something happens.

I have been prowling my property, which includes an alley that I and my neighbor use to get into our garages, which are detached from the house.

I have caught people in this alley before as it goes to the street where it is not gated.....yet.

I am about to go on the clock for my midnight prowl in hopes of catching this douche in the act.

How would others handle this?

I have absolutely no proof to show an LEO that this is the perp, mind you.

Only my 45 years of streets smarts is what is telling me that this person is my target.

Opinions? :rockwoot:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Trail cam?
    You could call the hotel and ask to be transferred to his room. Call from a random number and say that you noticed someone attempting to break in to other rooms near his and you just wanted to give him a heads up because you're retired and you'll be out with your shotgun and night vision goggles. You have seen him taking some fitness walks and recommend he stay out of your neighborhood because it's not safe for him

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just the way you are. Vigilance and awareness. You'll have enough proof when you catch him in the act. Don't forget the cell phone and you might wanna pre-dial the appropriate digits.

My one word of caution (and I mention this because I am prone to doing this myself), don't get so fixated on one thing or the expectation of something related to that thing that you miss other important things.

Happy hunting.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Understand the laws on "escalation" and be willing to walk away.

Take a video camera, it may save you legal issues in the future.

Good luck and be smart.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    This is a post from my friend he made on facebook a couple weeks ago of how he handled a similar situation:

Well since I keep getting msgs askin. I'm going to just put it out there for everyone. On Monday 9/19/11 I woke up to see some guy I didn't know put something in his truck. By the time I got dressed he was gone. He took my sons John Deere pedal tractor, John Deere wagon, and a power wheels John Deere tractor.

I was so mad. I called Tipton County Sheriffs Dept even though I figured it was gone for good. They went above and beyond that day. Two Deputies went and checked diff locations to try to find them. Y'all know over that, most wld just file a report. Tuesday morning. The guy came back but this time just stopped and looked from the road. So Wednesday morning about 5am. I put on my cammo head to toe.

For almost 3hrs I laid in the bean field across the street. Around 8am my neighbor called me and said that the guy was in her driveway but her dogs scared him off. Shortly after he slowly rolled into my drive. I raised up and watched him look around. Once he started walking towards my barn. I started working my way to him from the bean field behind him. I got to him with out him hearing me. Screamed to him to turn around with his hands up. I walked him to my front yard, put him on his knees with his hands reaching for god and waited for law enforcement.

When the first deputy pulled in. I put my weapon down, took off my mask and put my hands up. The deputy immediately took the suspect into custody. After the tow truck picked up his truck. I was takin ro his house where I identified one of Kaidens tractors. By the end of the day we got both of them back and other families got some stuff they had lost too.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    All quiet tonight except for a hoot owl and a ranging coyote.

This person is actually a woman..

My best guess a tar head by her demeanor.

Casing by day to steal at night all to feed the sucking vein.

A real lookie loo when wandering the streets but as cars pass her she puts head down, no eye contact and as soon as cars are gone shes looking around going to and fro both sides of streets and getting a good look at property layouts.

Caught her last week stopped in the street, squinting and trying to get a good look inside my place thru the screen of my open door 200' away.

I'm thinking she heard the TV and wanted to know if it was worth swiping?

I go blacked out with a kill light mounted to an underfolder, m&p.40 sidearm and my cell phone.

My elderly neighbors garage was also entered and her gas swiped twice.

We are hard working good people around here and I'm not putting up with this crap.

I'm not letting these bastards run my neighborhood.

I'm not rambo or some kind of kook, but I just cant sit back and do nothing. I have had enough.

If I can ever get some good proof I will go to the LEO's till then I guess I handle it the only way I know how..........

Myself.

Thanks for the input all, appreciate it.:banana:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I would think dozens of people would volunteer for militia duty to find this person and punch their card. At least from the postings we get...

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Word just in from the neighbors is that the woman in question as arrested earlier today at that hotel.

Unknown what charges were but witness to arrest said is the same woman seen walking around this area.

Maybe someone else was out prowling as well as I?

Good deal!

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Word just in from the neighbors is that the woman in question as arrested earlier today at that hotel.

Unknown what charges were but witness to arrest said is the same woman seen walking around this area.

Maybe someone else was out prowling as well as I?

Good deal!
    Maybe she was selling her crack:dunno:

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    She can keep her crack and shove a lit quarter stick up it for all I care.

Only thing she was probably selling was stolen goods from around here to get herion.

She very well may have an old man, but he comes messing round here, she won't have one for long.

I'm still punching in on the clock tonight, regardless

Top Bottom