• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    I sold my boyd stock from my pro hunter on ebay. I have bought and sold several stocks before and shipped ups. Today I go to ship the stock and forarm. The manager of the store comes out and says it is my christian right to tell you my store will not have anything to do with guns or parts. This is a drop off for ups not a actual store.

He procedes to tell me how guns are bad and he hopes they take them away from everyone. I proceed to keep my cool I call ups main store in muncie. They said yes we accept this item and will be glad to ship they even call the store. Im still being nice and just talking while this manager is going nuts. He hangs up on the ups guy and says I need to leave.

So im turning away still keeping calm because I dont want to let anyone think of us as having a bad temper. Im just in disbelief by this I really am. Im waiting on a return phone call from the store owner personal friend. But what the heck is going on with people.

So I guess wensday ill be going to muncie to ship it from ups main store.

Sorry for the rant

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    So it's a convenience store (or some type of store) that has a contractual agreement to be a UPS pickup/drop off location? Not a UPS store? Hanging up on UPS and making up their own shipping regs is probably going to get them in trouble.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Yes its a hardware type store with a ups drop off and sales inside. There was so much I wanted to say but didnt with all the people who where there. I stated my point by having the ups main store tell them they do accept and ship those items (He was on speaker phone) so everyone knew the manager was in the wrong.

Took alot to keep cool even a city off duty officer didnt see what the problem was he joined the convo when the guy started his rant on church idk had to vent sorry for the read

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wow, some people just go too far. I wonder why this guy is so hot about guns and gun parts. Sounds like he has more to be offended by than the average person finding out all they need to know about firearms from FOX tv.

OP, I'm glad you were able to keep calm and rational :yesway:

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Care to share the name of the business? As a collective we must avoid giving our money to those who wish to restrict our rights.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Wow! I'm honestly shocked that you were confronted like that, by a guy no doubt! I guess I shouldn't be surprised as men have been being turned into wimps for sometime now.

That is exactly what we are facing as law-abiding gun owners. They're ignorant, misinformed and they want our firearms banned, rounded up and burned. As I've said in other posts, that is exactly the way the people I work with now (and in the past) have been educated to think. What sadness... :(

Regular Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    NW Indiana
    The UPS store (not a dropoff place, but an actual UPS store) in Valparaiso has the same policy. I tried to ship some magazines a few months ago and the clerk said sorry, but they don't take anything firearm related even though UPS itself has no problem with it.

It depends on the political viewpoint of the franchise store owner, apparently. I regret that I did not complain to UPS about it. Got a better price at the Post Office, anyway...

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Im going to wait on the phone call from the actual owner of the store who grew up with some of my family before I do that. Id like to see what he has to say. I hope you all understand

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The UPS store (not a dropoff place, but an actual UPS store) in Valparaiso has the same policy. I tried to ship some magazines a few months ago and the clerk said sorry, but they don't take anything firearm related even though UPS itself has no problem with it.

It depends on the political viewpoint of the franchise store owner, apparently. I regret that I did not complain to UPS about it. Got a better price at the Post Office, anyway...
    ^This^ My local UPS Store that is just down the street has the same policy. They won't accept anything firearm related, not even grips or a rifle scope. I have to travel farther to the UPS hub to ship anything.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I sold my boyd stock from my pro hunter on ebay. I have bought and sold several stocks before and shipped ups. Today I go to ship the stock and forarm. The manager of the store comes out and says it is my christian right to tell you my store will not have anything to do with guns or parts. This is a drop off for ups not a actual store.

He procedes to tell me how guns are bad and he hopes they take them away from everyone. I proceed to keep my cool I call ups main store in muncie. They said yes we accept this item and will be glad to ship they even call the store. Im still being nice and just talking while this manager is going nuts. He hangs up on the ups guy and says I need to leave.

So im turning away still keeping calm because I dont want to let anyone think of us as having a bad temper. Im just in disbelief by this I really am. Im waiting on a return phone call from the store owner personal friend. But what the heck is going on with people.

So I guess wensday ill be going to muncie to ship it from ups main store.

Sorry for the rant

I would strongly recommend writing a letter (even if you just cut and paste your post) and sending a complaint to UPS. While it's totally within this guy's right to choose not to ship your stock, I think it's totally within UPS' right to cancel this guys franchise if he's making up his own rules. I'd also strongly encourage that you name the location by name, so that fellow INGO'ers know what store to avoid.

fireman585

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    My dad has shipped complete guns through ups to me, and have had no issue's . I can't believe he pulled that crap.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    We eagerly await the results of your phone call. Especially those of us local to you. I'm all for giving anyone the benefit of the doubt over one bad day, but I'm equally all against supporting anyone who would deny me such a basic right as self defense.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    These are the same religious wackos that would nail themselves to a cross to show how holy/better they are than you.

I hope they get fired and then get caught stealing from the offertory plate at church.

Not anti Christian, just anti dumb*ss.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom