• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deputy Dawg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Oooops, I goofed. The OP stated he would have to go to MUNCIE, to ship the stock. And his Avatar says he's in Henry County. My apologies. I'm the one who mis-read the post.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I don't know what his Christian right has to do with anything. Congrats onkeeping cool.

Being a "christian" doesn't give you any rights at all. Being an AMERICAN gives you the right to practice your religion without government interference. Forcing your beliefs on others is NOT a right spelled out anywhere in the Constitution.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Christian? From being a Christian myself and knowing many, many more this certainly does not match attitudes of just about any Christian I know. This person might have been, and probably is an extreme liberal and values their Christianity in the same manner. I will not accuse nor lay blame or assess any blame but it certainly does not match American nor traditional Christian beliefs.

Well said. As a Christian, I obviously have no problem with firearms and self defense. I know dozens of other Christians, and none of them have any problems with firearms either as far as I know. Many of them own guns as well.

Sounds like this guy's Christianity is of the same type as Al Gore, who describes it as his "faith tradition".

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    The sad thing is most likely this shop owner just recently made this anti-gun decision and will probably forget about it in a few months.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Personally, I'd call UPS (1-800-pick-ups) and file a formal complaint against the drop off location. I've had that with a couple of the locations around here and UPS will flat take away their shipping permit immediately.

UPS drop off's have no authority whatsoever to say what can and can't ship.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    If I'm correct, the manager may be a deacon at my church. I will be speaking with our pastor.

Update: It is not my deacon. Thank you Silver Z-28 for the PM.

Last edited:

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Personally, I'd call UPS (1-800-pick-ups) and file a formal complaint against the drop off location. I've had that with a couple of the locations around here and UPS will flat take away their shipping permit immediately.

The call was made to file the complaint but Since they are not under ups management they cant do anything about what they will or will not take. Still makes me angry but I got the stock shipped out today threw the post office and all is well. Was boiling mad when I posted. Im more relaxed about it now. Just glad I kept my big ol mouth shut and not made things worse.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie

The UPS Store's and the actual UPS company are two completely different things. UPS Stores are not owned by United Parcel Service. They can do whatever they want and UPS has no say in it. UPS cannot take away their shipping label's nor will they. That is a lot of business for UPS. We have a particular driver who picks up from the UPS stores in Muncie alone.

Making a call to 1-800-pick-ups will simply give you someone in customer service that will tell you what you want to hear. The policy won't change because it can't. UPS Stores are privately owned businesses with their own policies that cannot be changed by the UPS company and unless they are stealing from UPS or using another shipping carrier, I highly doubt UPS is going to tell them that they don't want the business. Sorry, but one small complaint isn't going to shut down an entire store. Especially not if you use the 1-800 number. You'd have much better luck going through management of the actual store.

While the OP's interaction sucks, it is that company owners right to refuse shipment of any items they don't want to ship. It has nothing to do with the UPS company and everything to do with the management of that particular store.

If there is something you need shipped, just take it to the UPS hub. If it's not a particular hazmat, we will accept it. Doing this would be the same as not using the UPS store or drop off place, in which case they don't get the percentage of income from UPS for the shipment.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    ............... Im more relaxed about it now. Just glad I kept my big ol mouth shut and not made things worse.

If you would have kept your mouth shut in the first place when they asked you what it was, you wouldn't have had this problem.

And the lesson we learned today boys and girls.............

When ANYONE asks you what is inside the box you want them to ship, you say "none of your business" or "machine parts". (technically, all firearms are machines, so you would not be lying.) Or, tell them anything you want as long as it's not GUN PARTS.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    If you would have kept your mouth shut in the first place when they asked you what it was, you wouldn't have had this problem.

And the lesson we learned today boys and girls.............

When ANYONE asks you what is inside the box you want them to ship, you say "none of your business" or "machine parts". (technically, all firearms are machines, so you would not be lying.) Or, tell them anything you want as long as it's not GUN PARTS.

If I ask you what is in the box you're wanting to ship from my facility and you tell me "none of your business", you won't get to ship it from my facility. It is just a liability thing.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Yeah, and it would be MY "Christian Right", to tell him to go F*ck himself!
    There's OTHER places that will take my money.... :xmad:

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I spoke with one of the managers of the New Castle Ace Hardware tonight. They are prohibited from shipping firearms or firearms parts per UPS rules. They can lose their ability to be a counter service by violating UPS rules. This is not an Ace Hardware policy. He said there is a sign posted on the counter stating the policy.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I unfortunatly had the same type of experiance shipping a revolver to Bob Munden. He called the store and then they allowed me to ship it but it was a huge ordeal.

Silver-z28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Henry County
    Once agian there was no sign posted. I will not lie theu ask what it was to insure as said before i have shipped over 10 gun stocks from the same ace hardware. There might be a sign there now but was not when i was in there.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The UPS "rules" on shipping firearms do not apply in this case, as it was a stock, a piece of wood, and not a firearm.

Someone might be able to use it as a club, but I don't know how effective that would be.

Top Bottom