So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I have about 500 pieces of 9mm ready to load. The last couple of evenings I tumbled them. This afternoon I sized and flared them. I really don't need to make these up, as I have a lot in ammo cans. I just have accumulated quite a bit from the last few times I have been to the range. I enjoy picking up all of the empties that others left behind!! I also starting a collection of 223, 40, and 45s brass as well. Too bad I don't own anything in these calibers. Maybe I need to add one or all 3 of them to my Christmas list!!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have about 500 pieces of 9mm ready to load. The last couple of evenings I tumbled them. This afternoon I sized and flared them. I really don't need to make these up, as I have a lot in ammo cans. I just have accumulated quite a bit from the last few times I have been to the range. I enjoy picking up all of the empties that others left behind!! I also starting a collection of 223, 40, and 45s brass as well. Too bad I don't own anything in these calibers. Maybe I need to add one or all 3 of them to my Christmas list!!

We pick up everything even if we don't have anything in that caliber. we sort it and use it for trading stock

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    We pick up everything even if we don't have anything in that caliber. we sort it and use it for trading stock

Yep, the only thing I don't pick up are rifle brass since I don't have any idea how many times it has been fired. The only rifle brass I collect is my own so I can keep track of times fired.

Obviously the .22 rimfire I don't pick up, but I used to pick it up for recycling purposes, but I have gotten lazy in my old age. Also, if I can tell that the brass is .380, I throw it as far away from me as I can!!!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Yep, the only thing I don't pick up are rifle brass since I don't have any idea how many times it has been fired. The only rifle brass I collect is my own so I can keep track of times fired.

I pick it all up. Especially it it looks new.
    Because like you, most people who reload will pick up they're own brass for quality control. Those that don't reload leave once fired brass laying

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    .380 shell sorter plate for the win!

I don’t shoot .380 or .40, but I save the brass and give it to those that do.

I have that shell sorter, and it works marginally well in my opinion. The plastic trays work fine until I get down to the 9mm/.380 mix, and then adding the metal .380 sorting plate does not seem to catch all the .380 for me. I use in the .45 bin and pour all the 9mm/.380 cases in and shake like crazy! I find that pouring small amounts in at a time helps, but I still seem to find those pesky .380's from time-to-time.

I pick it all up. Especially it it looks new.
    Because like you, most people who reload will pick up they're own brass for quality control. Those that don't reload leave once fired brass laying

This is a good point, and I hadn't really thought about that before. I have seen a pile of brand new looking rifle brass before that seemed to be obviously once-fired that I did pick up, but most times, I am "better safe than sorry". I normally shoot up at ACC, since it is primarily a pistol range, there is not normally a lot of rifle stuff to be found, but I do see some .223 at times.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    44 target loads. 6.0gr Win231 and a 240gr SWC from SNS.

73067bbe1716e5162147280b930b4ee7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Cranked up the Dillon 550 and produced 600+ rounds of .223 with Hornady 55grn FMJ on top of CFE223 and BL-C2 for “plinking” with my AR’s. Great therapy! LOL...

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Spent some quality time with the single stage loading 308, which is the only caliber I load on a single stage.

150gr Hornady SP motivated by CFE223 for my new R700

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John3354

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 29, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I currently have 1,000 cases in .40 to be reloaded this week as soon as I can go pick up primers. After that I have 1,000 rounds of 9mm in the queue. The .40 will be topped off with 155 grain Xtreme plated bullets. For the 9mm I am thinking of trying my luck at casting and powder coating but I might pick up some JHP from Delta Precision.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    Just recently loaded a 12 gauge shell with pyrodex, AA wads, Winchester black powder primers and fishing weights as a test. Round worked well when single loaded, even if it was a tight fit into my shotgun. Surprisingly I managed to fold in the factory crimp with a funnel and a dowel. Will do cycling tests with multiple rounds later, I also got some .600 balls to use (even though that would be put on hold for schoolwork).

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Loading 9mm but almost out of brass. Where do you all prefer to obtain brass if you have to purchase?

A few years ago when I got into pistol rounds, I ordered a bunch from Elite reloading. I got the polished brass for only $2 more. I think I ended up with about 3K pieces and I didn't have any I couldn't use. There was a couple of other calibers that slipped in, but they do send several more pieces than what you order to make up for any that don't work. I would order again from them if I needed it. I did find a guy near me that sells cleaned 9mm brass for $10/500 so I will probably use him if I do need any in the future.

https://elitereloading.com/shop/once-fired-9mm-brass/

Top Bottom