So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    500 rounds of 10MM and then got some 44mag in the wings with some 500 S@W after that and there will be some 30-06 and some 300 RUM mixed in there somewhere.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Nothing.....first the decapping pin broke off....(31 shells, owned the die set for 27 days) then the trim to leanth bushing "gaulded" up, quite turning,it's full of steel shavings from rubbing ....now it will not cut or trim......I am so happy I could throw up

Aaron

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Nothing.....first the decapping pin broke off....(31 shells, owned the die set for 27 days) then the trim to leanth bushing "gaulded" up, quite turning,it's full of steel shavings from rubbing ....now it will not cut or trim......I am so happy I could throw up

Aaron

Aaron, what die are you having issue with? Brand a caliber?

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    Currently reloading 308 and 357. I am going to be getting into 300 Blackout for deer this year and once I get a 22-250, I will be doing that for coyote this year.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton

Aaron

My luck has rubbed off on you!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hey bro......Lee dies........223 rem.........

Aaron

Did you accidentally try to deprime a Berdan primed cartridge? Or maybe use the wrong shell holder and the cartridge shifted while depriming? I have done that :-(. I have never busted a primer pin. In the Lee die the pin is part of the ball that sizes the neck (unless you are using the universal die?). If the die is set up right the pin should just push out the top instead of breaking the pin.

Did you look to see if you did just push the pin back out the top of the die? I am pretty sure you would have check but I gotta ask :-). Lee might send you a pin for free if you call them. But they probably aren't expensive. 90% of my dies are Lee's. They claim their pin us unbreakable but I am sure anything can be broke lol. I like my Lee dies.

Call me some time, we will catch up on current projects! Take care my friend!

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    And this is my quick trim....cutter gaulded it's self time the die.....

Aren't those steel shavings nice?

Lee is going to replace everything....and add a part,because they think I got junk.....thank you Lee!

Larry, I will ring you soon....been busy with my 2 gun match and CMP matches.....

Gotta do dinner soon.....

Aaron

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Holy crap Aaron! That's bad! Gotta hand it to Lee for there CS though. Although all the company's seem to be really good when it comes to CS on reloading parts and pieces. I like the Lee price best. But I do have RCBS, Hornady and Redding dies too.

And I really like the Lee quick trim setup. I have dies for every caliber I load. I Plus I have even modified a couple for the Leverevolution 44mag and 45-70's. I also like the quick change bushing setup on my breach lock press. I can swap my dies easily without having to do any setup.

Have fun with the match stuff. I know you are awesome at it. I have only been able to make on range trip so far this year. My health has sucked. I am having another procedure on my back on the 4th of next month. I am hopeful I will be able to get some shooting in yet this fall. I would dearly love to get a deer this year too. We shall see! Take care.

Larry

Top Bottom