So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I have about 3500 rounds of .45 auto brass all re-sized, polished before and after, sorted sort of.

I have plenty of bullets and powder, but short on primers.
    This seems to be an ongoing irritation lately.

Magnums are easy to find, it seems, but my stuff is set up for standard primers.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Check your bullet profiles, my Marlin was unhappy with anything but round nose flat point. Midway had a sale on 400 grain jacketed soft point Remington's, it liked these, but over a big charge of 3031 a session made me think I needed to reset my fillings.
    I got some 405 g RNFP. I don't know that I want to put that big of a charge in there :-)

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I just got my reloading kit set up. Step one was decapping about 800 9mm cases tonight prior to wet tumbling. Nothing earth shattering but all new to me.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just notice this thread turned a year old a few dates ago and we have over 400 post and nearly 14k views. Pretty cool.

I just got a RCBS Charge Master and will be doing using it to do some more 8mm Mauser and some 45-70 in the next day or so. I will need some more 300wm pretty soon to.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Well....I need to pound out some more 45 Colt!

Took baby girl out to sight it for deer season and found out over the year she has developed some bad shooting habits. Closing eyes before pulling trigger, flinching, and gentle pull on trigger until resistance then sharply jerking the trigger...Grrrrrrrrr

So we pounded through 30 rounds and three shot group in about an inch then she starts walking off the paper...

She is point of deer accurate but we need to send more lead down range before I feel comfortable that she will anchor Bambi with her first shot.

I have loaded up some dummy rounds to help with the problem but we both know the problem and I have yet to determine how to fix it...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Working up some 220 gr Leatherhead bullets for the 300 BO.

Hope to be able to try them out in a week or two.

All the travel for work is getting into my shooting time.

Bookmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Gibson County
    Hello All. Loading 9mm, 115g coated LRN over 4.0gr Titegroup. I'm also working up a load for a Ruger SR556TD in 300 Blackout I recently aquired, Barnes 110g Tac-Tx over either Lil' Gun or H110, which I have, or maybe try some CFE Blk, any suggestions?

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Got all my 223 loaded. Now it's time to fill the 9mm reserves and maybe some blackout before switching back to 40 for next year's season.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Got all my 223 loaded. Now it's time to fill the 9mm reserves and maybe some blackout before switching back to 40 for next year's season.

Dang! That is a crap ton of .223! I load .223 on my turret press, operating basically like a single-stage, and that much .223 would take me forever!!! Pistol rounds get put in the progressive, and I can crank those out, but dang, that is a lot of work sitting in those cans!

I just finished all my Steel Challenge rounds for the upcoming season (low recoil 9mm rounds with .380 bullets).

Next up is finishing my "regular" 9mm rounds (I need about 6,000 more or so).

Then about 2,000 more .45 SWC rounds.

Finally, I am in the process of buying a .40 for USPSA competition next year, so that means more load development, and then stocking up on .40.

CRAP! I have a lot of work to do!!! Good thing it is cold, gives me an good excuse to lock myself up in my reloading room for a week or two!

JMitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2015
    Greenwood
    Almost done with my 9mm for the season. This cold weather has the humidity down to 25-30% where I reload. That can’t hurt.

I love the new Dillon XL650 but it is quickly eroding my excuses to dry fire.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I've been loading .410 and 20 gauge shotgun shells. Waiting on my 16 gauge conversion and then will load some of those too. With the 20 gauge I'm probably not saving any money but it gives me something to do inside during the arctic freeze.

Top Bottom