So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    308 ladder loads with IMR 4895 (neither thrilled nor let down) and tested a new bullet with a proven powder (MM over RL15).

I’m sure some will call bologna, but these Midsouth (Nosler) bullets have consistently outperformed SMKs in my 308. More testing needed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I am anxious to hear the results from this. Please keep us updated.

Well, I think I've found my new powder, and bullets, for 9mm. Sport Pistol and the 125gr flat points from Precision are giving me groups I never thought my SR9 was capable of.
    An added bonus with this powder, in 9mm anyway, is it's unbelievably clean burning. I started with a clean gun and after 170 rounds of low to max "ladder" loads the gun looks like it has had only a half dozen or so rounds through it. There was absolutely zero grit/particulate matter left anywhere and the inner slide and the chamber area have only the lightest grey "smoke" left on them that wipes off easily with a rag sprayed down with Remoil. I also got good groups with the Precision 115gr bullets, although not as good as the 125s, and excellent groups with the 147s.

In my SR1911 Sport Pistol gave me my best overall average group size of any powder I have tried with the Precision 200gr swc. I'm able to get better individual loads with AA#2 and HP-38 but it's nice to know I can get close to my best loads with it if I wanted.

In my GP100 Sport Pistol worked just ok. Decent groups with a variety of bullets but I'm able to get better averages and individual groups with Bullseye and HP-38 so I'll stick with them for the wheelgun.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Well, I think I've found my new powder, and bullets, for 9mm. Sport Pistol and the 125gr flat points from Precision are giving me groups I never thought my SR9 was capable of.

Interesting. Now I need to go out and buy a pound and work up a load. Gee... thanks a lot. Just what I need is more work to do!!!

Thanks for the report. I have been wanting to try some for a while, I have heard good reports from a few people with 9mm loads. I have been using titegroup for a long time, and have had great success, but it is not what I would call "clean burning".

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    today: Loaded up 300 rounds of .44 special with mild loads for plinking and 200 rounds of .44 magnum with a mid robust load for some longer range shooting. Can't wait to get to the range.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    I plan to make empties today.

I’m also doing some case prep on 223. I set up one toolhead with just the sizer/decap so I can sort brass by crimped/uncrimped primer pockets. I had been sorting them by feel as they went through my press, but I filled up the missed primer tray pretty fast that way.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I intended to load up some .45 Auto today...then realized how cold my garage was. So, now I'm surfing INGO in a nice warm sun room and considering driving to the indoor range.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Reloading in the basement FTW

I’m calling Bobcat tomorrow to order a Dillon swager tool. I’m slowly learning that case prep ALWAYS pays off.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I got my reloading bench the wife and I built last weekend setup with my presses. Now waiting for a warm day to start back up in the garage.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I got 750 .40 S&W loaded up using the last of my Eggleston coated 180gr bullets over 4.5 gr. of WST.

Prepped a bunch more .40 brass through my Redding G-Rx bulge-buster die, and now I have about 3,000 more cases ready-to-load using Blue Bullets coated 180's over WST.

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    Haven't been reloading much lately, but I'm whiping up 200 rounds of some more comfortable 45-70 loads. 35grs of IMR3031 with a 405gr Hard Cast LRNFP Bullet.
    Loaded a test batch and I'm really impressed with the load, comfortable to shoot and plenty accurate.
    No need to kill myself with some of the thumpers I've worked up in the past LOL

Top Bottom