• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Salty Possum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    I'm interested in British history, someday I want to have a British firearms collection, aside from the Lee Enfield Rifles, what other British guns could I get to add to my wish list? I've done some searching but I can't seem to find any other British guns available out there :dunno:

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Webley revolvers, you can also look for USGI guns that went to Britain under lend-lease. I have seen Garands and 1911s with British markings where those guns served in their military.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    In addition to the Lee Enfield and the Webley, make sure you add a Sten and a Sterling. If you can get a Vickers, get one of those too. Granted, these last 3 are machine guns, but they're way cool.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If you want to go old school International Military Antiques has a number of Martini-Henrys, Sniders, and assorted muzzle loaders that served with the British military for sale.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Long Land Pattern bess Musketoon

under 700 dollars.

I don't know if my link was to the correct one but the long land pattern would have been the more common one used. Left overs from the French and Indiana war (possibly the india pattern over the long land, I don't know my history THAT well) would have been used extensively by the colonists during the revolution.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    If you have between $4,000-$20,000 to spend on a British made rifle, you could try out one of Accuracy International's rifles. They currently hold the world record for the longest confirmed kill by a sniper.

Top Bottom