So what did you buy, and what are the good deals? (Oct. '09 Indy 1500)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Picked up a Wasr-10 for $399 and a Taurus Millenium Pro 9mm for my Wife - also $399. Targets, some 7.62x39 ammo, and a range bag. Got in a situation buying the 9mm for the wife. She wanted a 9mm with some pink on it so I finally ran across the Taurus in 9mm for the first time. The guy I flagged over at the table said "since this gun is pink, I have to ask, is this gun for you?" I said "well its for my wife". Bad mistake. He then informed me that I could not buy it. I understand the straw man purchase laws, but when he asked me I was not even thinking about it. Fortunately he let me put a deposit down to hold it. So I had to drive back home, pick up my wife and the 2 yr old and the 4 month old, then hurry back to the show. What a mess. Moral of the story, if you are buying something for the spouse or as a gift to a family member... don't let that fact known.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    buying a gun as a gift to give someone is perfectly legal.

its when someone gives u money to go buy a gun for them that is illegal.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    buying a gun as a gift to give someone is perfectly legal.

its when someone gives u money to go buy a gun for them that is illegal.

Sort of. A straw purchase is when you buy a gun for someone who is otherwise ineligible to buy one for themselves, hence the catchphrase "Don't lie for the other guy!" Where the money comes from is irrelevant.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    Saw a lot of comments about the security at the show on this thread that show that many of the commenters have never been at a show where there was an Accidental Discharge with or without injury. It's a sickening sound and worse if there is an injury or death. I know it's somewhat irritating when you are questioned by others about your weapon's safety but you have to understand that when you are handed a couple thousand weapons a day to check you can become somewhat harsh in your approach. A couple of years ago I was at the entrance when a person handed a 1911 to an officer muzzle first with a round in the chamber and at the same time racked the slide. The round popped out and fortunately there was not a loaded mag. in the gun. Needless to say the officer was very stressed and made some comments that were very uncool. I can't blame him for this reaction as his life was very much in danger. I can't bring myself to get too upset with them and sure wouldn't call them a^^holes for trying to do their job. Be a little more understanding please? Overall it was a good show. Seemed like there were a lot more people who brought guns to sell. Sign of the bad economy I guess. Sad to see!!!

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    I'm sorry but if you cannot behave as a reasonable person find another line of work. Officer A-Hole's reaction was 100% out of line. He wasn't forced to do this he decided that he wanted some extra money. Why he is even allowed to wear his uniform while on person security guard work is another good question.

tsbolton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    DANVILLE
    Indy 1500

Didnt buy anything struckout. Been looking for a Remington 870 20ga. dale earnhardt edition for my brother havent had any luck. Tough to come by .

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    ACC had "Underfolder" AK's **NIB** for $389.99!!! To me, that is a Great Deal!! I looked around Forever for a Nice Nickel Python for a REASONABLE price, but didnt have any luck. I wouldn't even mind a blued one, but im not paying a Nickel price! =) I did a lot of looking around, but I kept myself from buying all the toys that I wanted!!

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Best Buy Lately

AIM Surplus has the Romanian PSL sniper rifles with scopes for $580 + shipping. A heck of a buy. These scopes are made by IOR Valdada in Romania. for thise people unfamiliar with this maker, they are now selling sporting optics that are in the $1500 - $2000 range. I have one of these PSL rifles and they will shoot!!! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom