• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think a Jericho scenario is the most likely. Either from foreign or domestic terrorist.:do2:

Yes, I know it's TV.
    I found it very interesting on last night's show, how the overtaking new govt handled the 2nd Amendment;
    "An hour meeting, a two hour lunch, another hour meeting leading into a fairly large town hall meeting and the 2nd Amendment was gone."

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Tornado
    Earthquake
    Terrorist attack - Bio/Chemical - don't forget your gas masks
    Financial Collapse
    Canadian Hordes fleeing the Glaciers
    UN Occupation - Blue hats make great targets

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thats a big threat, there is a huge fault line in the midwest. The last big earthquake from it made the Mississippi River flow backwards. It happened in 18**...forget the details about it.

Google New Madrid Fault. You'll come up with all kinds of info on this. It could be real Katrina sized threat for us.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Tornado
    Earthquake
    Terrorist attack - Bio/Chemical - don't forget your gas masks
    Financial Collapse
    Canadian Hordes fleeing the Glaciers
    UN Occupation - Blue hats make great targets

I'd definitely agree with the first three for sure...
    Tornadoes - Greenwood and the East side get hit with minor catastrophes almost annually, and every few years things like sporting goods stores and furnitures stores get demolished completely. Something like that storm system that tore up Tennessee last month could just as easily pass through Indiana. My cousin had three small families living with her for a week or so because hers was the one of a few houses left standing in her neighborhood.

Earthquake -- didn't Evansville get hit with some aftershocks from the last big quake a handful of years ago? It's been a while, but I seem to remember southern Indiana getting a little shook up from the tremors.

Terrorist Attack -- Since Allison sold out some to Rolls Royce a decade or so ago, our threat level has gone down to like 12 on the major city hit list instead of 9 or 10 since we lost some of the government contracts... Still, 12 is high enough to make things interesting if anyone gets the kahunas to invade the US so far inland again. Last year Indianapolis took part in a nationwide emergency response test, being the center of a hypothetical nuclear attack. Yay for our ham radio operators being on the ball on that one! :)

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Yeah tornados are a pain up here too. In October we had one go through the small town on Nappanee, just south of here. Destroyed a Taco Bell and Dairy Queen. Talk about civil unrest! :do2:

But seriously the weather and an earthquake on the New Madrid faultline would make things very bad.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    My top ten, in order of probability (as I see it) and in its affect (i.e how widespread or severe it is). After all if you're going to prepare for something it should be realistic.

1. Identity theft - this happens every day
    2. Job loss - so does this
    3. Flooding - depending on your locale, this happens every year
    4. Hail storm/thunderstorm - severe auto/home damage
    5. Ice storm - power is out for 1-2 weeks
    6. Chemical spill - railway, semi-truck, area evacuated
    7. Home burglary
    8. Bizzard
    9. Sudden loss of a family member
    10. Home loss (tornado, fire, etc.)

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Most likely events

The highest priority natural events are tornado and flooding... with earthquakes also being a consideration (as well as lower chance of plume ejection from volcanoes in Yellowstone Park and elsewhere that could erupt and be blown east by the prevailing winds). In regards to terroristic activity, plan for active shooter incidents in schools, hospitals, malls, etc. along with suicide/homicide bombings).

Be happy to go into more detail about this if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Jim

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    My wife asked me that very question about 2 years ago, wondering about me and my preparedness. We happen to be driving along the wabash, in the Lafayette area. I told her to look across the river and tell me what you see. She said " The Eli Lily plant". I told her that we are 2 miles downriver, and about 3 miles as the wind blows from them. What would we do if they had some sort of toxic industrial accident? That is when she got on board whith prepping for SHTF situations.

She only looks at things like the Eli plant, tornadoes, flooding, etc., while I like to also get in the extras for the more exotics- Thermonuclear war, bioterrorism, etc. :ar15: As long as I don't try to get her to wear the tinfoil, she is good to go!

Top Bottom