So what's the final verdict on the gen 4 glocks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    The differences between the generations are not necessarily an upgrade or improvement if one is happy with the Gen3; that's an option that will still be available. If you like the different grip, interchangeable back straps, larger mag release, and an extra mag, then you've answered your own question.

The only reliability issue that I've heard of has been addressed with a new recoil spring for the 9mm models, and this issue has been addressed by Glock.

Short of being a "me too" post, I've not had any issues with my Gen4 G27. I don't have a good round count, but I've likely put 1000+ rounds down range since I got it last spring. I've also not experienced the FTRB with my Gen3 G30sf that so many were up in arms over (pardon the pun); many, many rounds through that one as well.

IF you like the design of the Gen4, get it; if you're nostalgic for Gen3, you'll not go wrong with it, either. :dunno:

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Personally I like the Gen 3's better. Being I never had a problem with the grip and I shoot right handed so the reversible mag release does nothing for me. I also don't care for the new textured grips. I have tried firing a friend's Gen 4 27 it was a nice shooter but to me it felt like any other Glock minus the RTF.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I am happy with my 17 G4 now that I have the new spring. I was disappointed when I 1st got it though as I had a stove pipe and a few fail to feeds. Very happy with it now, but I really like my G21 Gen3 too. The grip and mag release seem better to me, but I wouldn't trade my gen3 in just for that.

Top Bottom