• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm halfway serious here. I've got my LTCH. Got my guns. What I'm lacking is confidence about when it's appropriate to shoot in self-defense and when it's not. I know I have fairly good judgment, but I worry whether I will make the right decision about who/how/when/if to shoot if the time ever comes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Only when you are afraid of grave bodily harm or the loss of your life or grave bodily harm or the loss of life of another. That's the short answer.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Good advice above! You shoot when you believe you are in danger of death or bodily harm, and when no other action is more likely to avert that danger. You take classes to enhance your ability to discern when that point is, and to learn what other options are available to you. You train to heighten and maintain the effectiveness of your chosen action, and to enhance your chances of success.

Well, having re-read that, it is too simplistic. But go take some classes.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    As others have said, get proper training. For me, the short answer is that you shoot only when there is no reasonable alternative way to prevent an immediate threat to life and limb (yours or some other innocent potential victim).

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I spent $100 for my wife to take a ladies only class. It was the best $100 I ever spent. They taught her more than just about guns. They taught about awareness of your surroundings and the use of other objects to use as weapons including pepper spray.

She said that she wants to carry all the time and now after the shooting here in Elkhart last night it will start as of today.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Anybody that carries a gun, or has a gun for self defense, SHOULD take a class. But it should never be required.

Getting training is actually more important than having a gun collection.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When you get a driver's license, you have to demonstrate that you know how to use a motor vehicle appropriately. Why not a gun? I know, I know, because rules are bad and we don't want the gubmint telling us what to do.

Top Bottom