So which one of you lost your Remington 700 in Evansville last night?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jackhandy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Evansville
    So which one of you lost your Remington 700 in Evansville last night?

Officers got flagged down by a tremendous good citizen and advised that they had just found a rifle on the Lloyd Expressway. A cased Remington 700/scoped/heavy barrel with ammo.

Now I asked myself would I have done the same thing...Karma can be a pain so I think I would have at least tried to get it to its owner and kept my fingers crossed no one came to claim it.

Ok...so I'm a 911 Operator and get a call about 30 minutes later from a guy stating...hey I think I lost my rifle. He says he removed it from his truck to load a washer and dryer. I'm assuming he sat it on his cab. I question him on the make/model and specifics. He hit them to a T. It was his rifle. I tell him its your lucky day let me get with the Officers to see when you can get it back. I think he was as suprised as I was that someone turned it in.

So this is a reminder to all to secure your weapons and cases before driving because I'm not sure your gonna get as lucky. I figure there is only a handful of really honest people around these days.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Friend of mine found a cased glock a few years ago under similsr circumstances. Turned out to be an LEO's firearm. He too was happy to get it back.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I guess I should have used purple. . . . .:n00b:

It was more a comment on how anytime a story involves a cop doing something dumb, no human, it inevitably goes south quick.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'll bet some no good cop planted the rifle there so some unsuspecting citizen would pick it up and the cop could waste em for brandishing a weapon. Probably got distracted by some speeder doing 3 miles over the posted limit. Lousy no good cops.:xmad:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    what an idiot. he should be beat. we have enough of the gun grabbers crying and lying about how guns get into criminal and kid hands. all we need is legal gun owners making unacceptable mistakes like this. no im not joking,

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    As a Ranger, losing a piece of equiptment no matter how small is a VERY VERY bad thing and dealt with accordingly. Knew a guy in Ranger School who got the boot because of it, and it was nothing major like a rifle.

I mention this so people know I dont believe in a double standard. ESPECIALY involving firearms.

I seriously think this guy should face some fines or something. Same as I thought the cop who left his gun in lowes should have been fired.

Top Bottom