• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    For a carry 45 acp, How about the Glock 36, easy to hide, light , and good to go. I also have the p220 but it's larger and shows more. IMO

In the single stack polymer game, Kahr typically wins. The PM45 is a good candidate, but as does the glock: it lacks the manual safety. Try a Kahr trigger; they're magnificent.

I was pretty nervous about carrying without a safety, too for awhile - until i did daily drills and familiarized with how to draw/reholster. Finger never came near the triggerguard; in fact my index finger would flare out.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I guess I should have said "which MY FNP 45 doesn't have". My FNP 45 Tactical does have the manual safety, but with the Trijican RM04 sight mounted and the Silencerco Osprey can, it doesn't fit my IWB holster. :D

TacWithCan.jpg

You sir have the exact set up I hope to own someday! VERY NICE!

As far as ergos go I think the FNP feels great. Ive never had the desire to fondle an HK .45 so I cant compare the two. I own 3 FNH products (SCAR-16s, FNX-9, SLP MK-1) and all of them are amazingly accurate and reliable. Ill swear by FN until my voice give out then ill use sign language lol. Also one thing to consider, while HK and FN both provide weapons for our troops, FN supplies more by a large margin than just about anyone. there must be a reason for this is all im saying.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I am just going to warn you.....

If you plan on shooting a DA / SA gun in modern competition <idpa, uspsa, steel> you had better be good. Really good. Because you are going down a difficult road. And someone with your same skill level will roll over you with a striker or single action gun.

The trifecta is the trifecta for a reason.

But if you just like the guns, pick the one you like better :)

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    ^
    I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I know several people who place very well around here with DA/SA guns. It's only double action for the first shot, then single action is, IMO, much nicer to fire than DAO guns. Zero take up, just ready to fire, but YMMV.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    ^
    I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I know several people who place very well around here with DA/SA guns. It's only double action for the first shot, then single action is, IMO, much nicer to fire than DAO guns. Zero take up, just ready to fire, but YMMV.

I also know a few skilled da/sa shooters, but they are good shooters period. They would win with a hi-point.

A average shooter is going to have an easier time with a consistant gun, wether that is dao or single action.

A lot of da/sa shooters can shoot well slowly, but when they try to amp the speed up that first shot is usually poorly placed.

Many times I have seen a shooter shoot a great stage, but every first shot was thrown sometime completly off the entire target.

Or they have to slow down to make that shot count, and then speed up. Which can be painfull to watch.

I owned a few da/sa competition guns, then I had my eyes opened....the shot timer tells no lies.

Sold em all.

Consistancy is the mother of speed.

Striker guns = consistant
    Single action guns = consistant
    Revolvers = consistant

I am not saying dont shoot a da /sa gun, there is no higher accomplishment than beating out everyone else with a sig or a cz, and everyone who shoots will know what a difficult thing you did, and what an excellent shooter you are.

But its playing the game on "hard" mode.

Cheers

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I also know a few skilled da/sa shooters, but they are good shooters period. They would win with a hi-point.

A average shooter is going to have an easier time with a consistant gun, wether that is dao or single action.

A lot of da/sa shooters can shoot well slowly, but when they try to amp the speed up that first shot is usually poorly placed.

Many times I have seen a shooter shoot a great stage, but every first shot was thrown sometime completly off the entire target.

Or they have to slow down to make that shot count, and then speed up. Which can be painfull to watch.

I owned a few da/sa competition guns, then I had my eyes opened....the shot timer tells no lies.

Sold em all.

Consistancy is the mother of speed.

Striker guns = consistant
    Single action guns = consistant
    Revolvers = consistant

I am not saying dont shoot a da /sa gun, there is no higher accomplishment than beating out everyone else with a sig or a cz, and everyone who shoots will know what a difficult thing you did, and what an excellent shooter you are.

But its playing the game on "hard" mode.

Cheers
    Since the USG model has the capability of being "cocked and locked" carried same as a 1911, cant you engage the first target in single action with the safety? I am a novice in the shooting sports.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Never mind, I think I answered my ow question...
    Service type Double-action (DA), double-action only (DAO), or Safe-
    Action center fire handguns. DA handguns with an external hammer must fire the first shot double-action.

Well I guess I cant shoot my double-action only gun in single action for my first shot, my master plan is ruined Lol. Oh well, I can always shoot my glock 23.

Last edited:

matt4shadow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Hobart
    I carry everyday IWB or Open. It is just as comfortable for me to do either. It is as comfortable as carrying any other gun with the same features. I am a big guy that has wide shoulders, so printing has never been an issue for me. When I carry IWB, I can tuck in my shirt and no one is the wiser (cross-breed supertuck). The FNS 9 just came out (striker system, ie glock). I hope they will make it in a 45 auto.

Very, very good firearm.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I carry an FNP45 usg quite regually. I carry it in a leather thumb break rear cant holster and it is pretty comfortable (I only load 12 in the mag +1 to keep weight down a little and use the 15rd mag with the rounded bottom). I pull my shirt over it and forget about it. I have 3 fnps (9, 40, and 45), and love them all. they all are on a fairly short list of my guns that I have no plans on selling or trading.

Top Bottom