So who else is in the doghouse for getting ready for Oct. 1st?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    It seems like the UPS/FED EX/ USPS had delivered a package every day for the past couple of weeks, and the Mrs is starting to get a little perturbed. And to top it all off, I just ordered 4 more packages today! I may need a place to crash for a couple of weeks after this week, lol.

Here's my list for the past few weeks...

Big Game Venture 2 man stand
    Big Game Boss XL lock on
    Daughters New Mission Bow
    HHA Single pin sight (for my bow)
    Axion stabilizer (for my bow)
    Custom Bow string (for my bow)
    Broadheads
    Field point target
    New light weight camo
    Hunter Safety system harnesses for both daughters
    Nockturnal nocks (for my bow)

Still need...

New camo for the girls (they need to stop growing)
    Rope for lifelines on 4 stands

I have a feeling when my wife and I go out for our anniversary next week, it isn't going to be cheap.:D

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Looks to me like you are taking time for your daughters. Someday they might be too busy to go hunting with the old man, you're just making time for them now. If you have to spend a few dollars to make sure you all have proper equipment, that's just the cost of doing business. Besides, twenty years from now will you look back on this season and regret how much you spent or be grateful for the memories and lessons?

At least that's the line of bull I would lay on the old lady if I were in your shoes, your mileage may vary, I am not a lawyer, etc.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    No, I got the menace. The craze was a little too heavy for her (she's 7) and being shorter axle to axle would exaggerate her mistakes in form.

She's doing remerkably well with it, we're back to 15 yards now holding around a 5-6" group.

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The only things I need for deer season this yr are:

My tags
    Scent killer body wash and laundry detergent

But............ if I want it, I'll buy it. I pay for everything else so should there be complaints, they know where the door is.

Hunting and fishing before they came along, hunt and fish while there, and will hunt and fish when they're gone.

It's not a contest. I chose to include them in my life. That's saying something. if they see it as a contest or want to make it one...........toodles.

sportsman223

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Passing on Doe's
    Nope, my wife came home with some new camo last week. I put up two new ladder stands for her, well I might sneak in and hunt out of them one morning when she is as work:). We hunt with both our daughters wife sets with one and I set with other firearm season oldest real close to pulling enough weight maybe next year. We would never regret about money spent, them smiles even on unsuccessful hunts and the even bigger smiles on successful ones are priceless. Come to think of it my carbon bow was a anniversary present from my wife this year

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Mine doesn't care as long as it's good looking stuff.
    May have another classic recurve coming soon.......she was happy in that the # is significantly less than the one I hunt with now.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am not only because I have been getting up @ 5:00 am and back home by 9:30 -10 am on Sunday mornings to work on my stands and cutting shooting lanes. I did spend Saturday afternoon until dark putting up one stand at another property but was home all day Sunday. Saturday was spent with the kids with all of their sport activities.
    As I have spent very little money, my wife has been very understanding.

I am sure once Oct 1st comes, I will be in the dog house a little unless I get a buck and doe quickly.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Mine said to heck with the deer, shoot more birds......or go blast a pig.
    But 2 of my kids and I cook venison on the grill like crazy- need at least 2 deer in the freezer.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Not me my wife knew when she met me I live for deer season, she will even tell ya shes a widow for 3 mo. .... Shes a damn good woman and easy on the eyes too, wouldn't get rid of her for the lottery, well maybe ??? ;) jk

Top Bottom