• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    So I just got off the phone with the BATFE in Indy, and the agent I talked to said that it was illegal to manufacture a SBR if you are under 21, and that the yes answer does disqualify you on the form 1...

not sure if he was correct or not, because I can find nothing in the NFA that says this, may give them a call back tomorrow. Man am I confused.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The ATF agent you spoke to, as usual, is incorrect.

If you really want to build an SBR, fill out a form 1 and send it in, if your denied you will get your $200 back. But as I mentioned before, I know for a fact that it has been done and it is perfectly legal. So, when you recieve your approved form 1, I expect to see pics of the completed SBR a few days after. :thumbsup:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So I just got off the phone with the BATFE in Indy, and the agent I talked to said that it was illegal to manufacture a SBR if you are under 21, and that the yes answer does disqualify you on the form 1...

Field agents quite often don't know jack sh*t about the law, especially if it's out of their day-to-day realm. What you need to do is either:

1) Submit your question in writing to the acting Chief of the NFA Branch in Martinsburg, WV,

or

2) Fill out and submit a Form 1, following the advice above (letter explaining your "yes" answer). Best case is that you'll have your SBR; worst case is that it will get kicked back and your $200 will be refunded.

The latter course will probably get you a quicker result.

Top Bottom