• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    These guys did everything they could to retain their 4th Amendment rights, but in the end, the will of the State trumped all that constitutional nonsense. To these agents, Probable Cause just means that somebody doesn't produce their papers fast enough.

So if you guys recall over New Years Eve, the big new thing is to set up blood-draw sobriety checkpoints for people who refuse to blow willingly. Now I don't drink & drive, but I wouldn't submit my breath or my blood to them willingly. So this is how I imagine it going; getting ripped out of my car with a boot on my neck while someone forcibly draws my body fluids with a needle. What a time we live in.

Video: Cops smash window of men who won't blow at sobriety checkpoint

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTG5rWF_Uis[/ame]

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    "No ticket."
    lastcrusade_noticket-thumb-300x301-17522-thumb-300x301-17523.jpg

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I've never understood the constitutionality of sobriety checkpoints. Shouldn't there be probable cause to pull someone over to check sobriety? Driving at night on a weekend, IMHO, is not PC.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've never understood the constitutionality of sobriety checkpoints. Shouldn't there be probable cause to pull someone over to check sobriety? Driving at night on a weekend, IMHO, is not PC.

Constitution?? We don't need PC round here, sonny.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Whoa, deja vu all over again. I was just watching this from a different source. The comments here are certainly better than the ones there, I can tell you. Lots of jackbootery at the other place, (to be expected, I guess. All the commenters were cops).

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It's funny...here in Indy, the probable cause statement sheet, they check "Other" and write in sobriety checkpoint...like that is somehow probable cause????:xmad::noway:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't like the idea of sobriety checkpoints. But if you are going to set them up, you can't make them voluntary.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Could anyone tell which state this was?
    Escondido CA.
    Precisely what does an incident that occurred thousands of miles from here have to do with Indiana, or Indiana Police Officers, for that matter???
    I suggest that everyone who is pissed off about this contact the CA Police authority having jurisdiction over this case and raise seven barrels of owl crap with them.
    Indiana Law Enforcement had nothing to do with this case.
    BTW.
    I don't like Sobriety Checkpoints either but until the Courts, or the Legislature, puts a stop to them we're stuck with them. :patriot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's funny...here in Indy, the probable cause statement sheet, they check "Other" and write in sobriety checkpoint...like that is somehow probable cause????

Hold on there a minute, Bobba Louie.:D

No probable cause needed to stop.

Did you read the Indiana Supreme Court case on roadblocks?

Precisely what does an incident that occurred thousands of miles from here have to do with Indiana, or Indiana Police Officers, for that matter???

I'm not so sure other than to show why one does not want to be brown.:D

Top Bottom