• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    You could just quit your job and go live in a shack on the wilderness. That would get around the whole SS thing I think.

They really should provide an opt-out option though. Of course then everyone under 45 would take it and the system would colapse in a month, so I understand why they don.t

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why are we still paying into SS when it is a failing system and is currently in the red.

Because it keeps an ever-growing number of people dependent on .gov and all but guarantees a certain group will forever have a voting bloc of at least moderate influence (supplemented with the idiots, idealists, and unicorns).

That's my opinion anyway.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Anyone my age, 40, who thinks they will ever see a penny of their SS money that has been stolen out of their paychecks are living on another planet.

INGunGuy

Try being 25! Its even worse realizing there won't even be dollars when I would be eligible to see my stolen dollars.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    0773d36d0890aecfd78f683b4c1c33e9.jpg

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    ?

I suppose I should refuse to recoup any of the F.I.C.A. taxes I have been paying for 49 years now? 51 or 52 years of paying by the time I retire in a few more years. :dunno: :rolleyes:

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Why are we still paying into SS when it is a failing system and is currently in the red”
    Because if you are in a situation where you are involved in a serious accident or encounter traumatic health problems and are indeed truly disabled you will be glad to know that the money you paid in will in some small way help you to get by though not at the level you currently are accustom to.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why are we still paying into SS when it is a failing system and is currently in the red”
    Because if you are in a situation where you are involved in a serious accident or encounter traumatic health problems and are indeed truly disabled you will be glad to know that the money you paid in will in some small way help you to get by though not at the level you currently are accustom to.

Says the man who has done exactly that ^^^^^?????

Oh what did they do before social security?

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana

I sure as hell hope that you meant to put that in purple...

INGunGuy

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Please let me OPT out, that 12.4% of my check would do a lot better anywhere other than in our governments hands. I'd fell safer keeping it under the mattress.

I'm not planning on it being around by the time I retire, so we've planned accordingly. I'm retiring at 55 :rolleyes: whether they want me to or not. :D

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I suppose I should refuse to recoup any of the F.I.C.A. taxes I have been paying for 49 years now? 51 or 52 years of paying by the time I retire in a few more years. :dunno: :rolleyes:

There's nothing left to recoup. It was spent as soon as it was taxed.

What you're basically doing is threatening your children and gradchildren with jail if they don't pay you.

Sounds nice doesn't it?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Please let me OPT out, that 12.4% of my check would do a lot better anywhere other than in our governments hands. I'd fell safer keeping it under the mattress.

I'm not planning on it being around by the time I retire, so we've planned accordingly. I'm retiring at 55 :rolleyes: whether they want me to or not. :D

Isn't that the truth!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Please let me OPT out, that 12.4% of my check would do a lot better anywhere other than in our governments hands.

We bemoan the same point about this time every year. Then we have a pity party when we realize how many more rentals we could have added to the portfolio...and how much more money those rentals would make us than our "security" payments will ever amount to.

Top Bottom