• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jbow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Muncie
    Soe cobra belt thinking of getting one. Has anybody had any experience with them or is there another option out there that works better.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Several companies offering good quality/similar belts. I like SOE, their quality is top notch but look elsewhere if you're in a hurry. I just waited two months for a visor cover for my truck.

Jbow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Muncie
    Not worried about weight for great quality. Everything I have read on them is great but I think the 5.11 belt is nice too but I don't think it is as sturdy.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have the 1.5 cobra rigger belt and wouldn't trade it for anything.I wear it every day,all day.It holds up my 1911 and anything else I choose to hang off of it.I ordered two sizes small because I plan on trying to lose weight and it adjusted out to my current size and then some.My only complaint is that I have to remove the buckle to put things on or thread it through my pants,but it's a great trade off for the ruggedness.Contact John via email and he'll give you a time estimation before you order.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Ares gear belts can be ordered from Larue and you get all the swag too!!! I originally got a jones tactical belt, but it was too big and the wait was ridiculous I wish I would have waited for their Ageis belts, but I am really happy with my Ares Ranger belt.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've had a lot of belts, the SOE Cobra Riggers is my favorite. A close second would probably be my HSGI Cobra Riggers, but the SOE is definitely nicer. Some of the products have a longer lead time but the belts don't since they sell so many, their constantly making more. They are much quicker since they went to the new website, and it should show you if the item is in stock.

Ares gear belts can be ordered from Larue and you get all the swag too!!! I originally got a jones tactical belt, but it was too big and the wait was ridiculous I wish I would have waited for their Ageis belts, but I am really happy with my Ares Ranger belt.

^ Awesome belt, but I believe (I definitely could be wrong) that Larue only includes the Larue swag if you buy a Larue product with your order. That's as simple as adding a PMAG in UDE, but I don't want someone to be disappointed. I've had them throw everything from DVD's to hats in the box, and I love the Dillo' rub and tactical beverage entry tools.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I wear an SOE 1.75 Cobra Duty belt everyday, waiting on a Cobra EDC belt to be made. Best piece of carry equipment I've ever bought.

Only can tell my experience but where they tell you to order your pants size, I'm wishing I'd ordered a size smaller. It'll adjust out a good bit but it won't adjust down much at ALL. Mine JUST fits close enough to hold my M&P .45 up in it's Raven OWB.

Jbow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Muncie
    I just want the regular cobra belt not the rigger. My only concern is that I am a 36 some of the year and a 38 in winter do I get the 36 and then if I do will it adjust to the 38 in winter. Don't want to buy two they are too expensive for that and not sure if my fatness will be controllable during winter months love that holiday food:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom