• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    There have been a few ads lately with very good prices and they've been snapped up quickly. I notice a lot of people who want to put prices on used guns at nearly new prices. Except for rare or high-end guns, if you've been bumping that Glock for 2 weeks then take the hint.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    High end ARs are hard to move because of the crowd of people that say "All ARs are the same" or "Milspec is milspec" etc. You'd be better off listing it in about 10 diff places because you never know who might be looking for it. I'd also try arfcom if you can list it there. And if you HAVE to sell it, try gunbroker.

You also might have better luck splitting the two up. Sell the upper and lower by themselves.

Ive considered doing that too. I really could use this lower. You're exactly right about the all AR's are the same crowd. The fella that emails me constantly keeps saying that he can buy this upper for under $1000. All the while he keeps offering me $1000 for it. I guess he is into charity:). I own basic AR's along with some high end factory built stuff. They both work great, but there is a price to pay for a noveske, Larue, PWS ect. I guess it takes a special crowd.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I agree, but I'd still leave the add and bump it up frequently. It hurts nothing and could draw a cash or trade offer that might just entice the OP. That money is beyond my budget also, but hypothetically maybe I have a need for that specific upper or lower?

I don't completely agree with "It hurts nothing" I have gotten a feel for some people that think the stuff they post is worth new or more than new cost. I don't even open their post because I know it is a waste of time. If an item doesn't sell I lower the price until it does or I just let it fade into the darkness after a few days.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't completely agree with "It hurts nothing" I have gotten a feel for some people that think the stuff they post is worth new or more than new cost. I don't even open their post because I know it is a waste of time. If an item doesn't sell I lower the price until it does or I just let it fade into the darkness after a few days.

You are right, there needs to be an end date in the sellers mind. I can attest though, unique items often take a while to sell, yet they still do if selling conditions are right.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'd say that for me, that Franken-Noveske is overpriced and I wouldn't buy it. Honestly, I would have skipped right over it and laughed at the price. I can build that exact same rifle for not much more than you're asking.

For one, it's in 300blk, which is cool if you want a SBR or suppressed rifle, but this is neither of those.
    For two, it's not a factory Noveske, and FrankenAR's just flat out don't sell for nearly what you have invested in them. And the buyer has to trust that you built it well.
    For three, there's a boat load of AR's out there for sale right now, and I can get a lot better deal elsewhere. Everyone stocked up during the last scare, and now everyone is offloading them. That makes supply high and demand low. Like was posted earlier, I can pick up a BNIB Colt 6920 for $800. There's STUPID good deals to be had right now.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Ive considered doing that too. I really could use this lower. You're exactly right about the all AR's are the same crowd. The fella that emails me constantly keeps saying that he can buy this upper for under $1000. All the while he keeps offering me $1000 for it. I guess he is into charity:). I own basic AR's along with some high end factory built stuff. They both work great, but there is a price to pay for a noveske, Larue, PWS ect. I guess it takes a special crowd.

Oh we are a special crowd here, but probably not the special you are looking for.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Yep. It also seems like new product is priced as good as it has been for a long time.

Another thing, it seems like I hear of a new AR manufacturer every month. They really are pretty easy to make and everyone is getting in on it. A couple years ago it was a $600 decent AR. Now you can pinch and have one for $500. I bet if I tried hard I could even build one cheaper. I love it :)

Or you could buy a complete AR for $500.

The BCA Kodiak - Rifles

I'm sure the rifle isn't the best... but cmon. That is stupid cheap.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'd say that for me, that Franken-Noveske is overpriced and I wouldn't buy it. Honestly, I would have skipped right over it and laughed at the price. I can build that exact same rifle for not much more than you're asking.

For one, it's in 300blk, which is cool if you want a SBR or suppressed rifle, but this is neither of those.
    For two, it's not a factory Noveske, and FrankenAR's just flat out don't sell for nearly what you have invested in them. And the buyer has to trust that you built it well.
    For three, there's a boat load of AR's out there for sale right now, and I can get a lot better deal elsewhere. Everyone stocked up during the last scare, and now everyone is offloading them. That makes supply high and demand low. Like was posted earlier, I can pick up a BNIB Colt 6920 for $800. There's STUPID good deals to be had right now.

Typically a rifle built with the same factory parts would be considered a clone. If it's a little cheaper than you can build it for and new than someone looking to build one would find value in the savings. This rifle is setup for suppressed use (ie the saker mount). If it was a registered SBR it wouldn't be for sale. Yes, you can buy a number of cheaper brand ARs for way cheaper, but when comparing it to the same brand it's in the ballpark. I think this is just an extremely friendly buyer's market no matter what you're looking for.

Last edited:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If the market wasn't so soft, I'd probably just sell my partial AR build.

The market is one of the reasons I keep going back and forth on selling it.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    If the market wasn't so soft, I'd probably just sell my partial AR build.

The market is one of the reasons I keep going back and forth on selling it.

I think you're exactly right. It's probably best for me to pull back and either enjoy it myself or wait for 2016 to roll around. I hear some folks talking about 300 blackout as if it's undesirable. With the popularity of suppressors I think it's just picking up speed. The sound level of a suppressed 300 blackout compared to 556 really makes it an attractive caliber.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Did you use a Noveske LPK, BCG, charging handle, and every piece that would be on a factory Noveske??? Is it really a clone? And even if it is a clone, it wasn't assembled by Noveske. It's still a build by you, and those just don't sell the same as a real factory rifle.

Even if so, I think it's overpriced for this market. And that's even IF you can find someone that wants that exact rifle.

Typically a rifle built with the same factory parts would be considered a clone. If it's a little cheaper than you can build it for and new than someone looking to build one would find value in the savings. This rifle is setup for suppressed use (ie the saker mount). If it was a registered SBR it wouldn't be for sale. Yes, you can buy a number of cheaper brand ARs for way cheaper but when comparing it to the same brand it's in the ballpark. I think this is just an extremely friendly buyer's market no matter what you're looking for.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    Did you use a Noveske LPK, BCG, charging handle, and every piece that would be on a factory Noveske??? Is it really a clone? And even if it is a clone, it wasn't assembled by Noveske. It's still a build by you, and those just don't sell the same as a real factory rifle.

Even if so, I think it's overpriced for this market. And that's even IF you can find someone that wants that exact rifle.

Yes, like the ad says the upper is factory built.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I can build that exact same rifle for not much more than you're asking.

I buy lots of Noveske stuff. I'd like you to show me links of all the Noveske parts he has in his rifle with totals being less than asking price. And they have to be in stock parts to count.

The thing with Noveske is parts are ALWAYS hard to find, you have to buy when its in stock and just wait for the rest to come in stock. They're hard rifles to find, build, buy, etc based on availability. Which usually drives the prices up a little for the right crowd because they'd rather not wait.

VSP1340

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 18, 2013
    Greenwood
    I buy lots of Noveske stuff. I'd like you to show me links of all the Noveske parts he has in his rifle with totals being less than asking price. And they have to be in stock parts to count.

The thing with Noveske is parts are ALWAYS hard to find, you have to buy when its in stock and just wait for the rest to come in stock. They're hard rifles to find, build, buy, etc based on availability. Which usually drives the prices up a little for the right crowd because they'd rather not wait.

You just nailed it brother. It's part of what makes it a boutique market and maybe a little harder to sale right now.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It may be priced decently, then. But the second hand market is still flooded right now. Even if it is a fair price, I think you're going to be sitting on it for quite a long time.

Yes, like the ad says the upper is factory built.

Yeah, let me get right on that :rolleyes:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It may be priced decently, then. But the second hand market is still flooded right now. Even if it is a fair price, I think you're going to be sitting on it for quite a long time.
    I think he realizes he'll have to sit on it a bit to find the right buyer who wants a Noveske.
    Yeah, let me get right on that :rolleyes:

So it can't be done? But you said you could build one cheaper, so show me the facts that you can build it cheaper and I'll believe your comment.

:popcorn:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I think you're exactly right. It's probably best for me to pull back and either enjoy it myself or wait for 2016 to roll around. I hear some folks talking about 300 blackout as if it's undesirable. With the popularity of suppressors I think it's just picking up speed. The sound level of a suppressed 300 blackout compared to 556 really makes it an attractive caliber.

What's the deal with people talking smack? I shoot 300blk from a 16" tube supers only. Love the thing and looking forward to whacking me some meat for the smoker.

Subsonic suppressed has its place mostly expensive novelty shooters with money to burn. I guess the smack talk is from non hand loaders that cant appreciate all its awesome attributes.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    In my opinion, I don't think it has a place other than for expensive novelty shooters. It's cool for shooting in an SBR or suppressed. But that's it in my opinion.

I wouldn't hunt with it because I hunt with a bolt action. I don't see a need to lug around an AR when trekking in. A bolt gun is just a better hunting platform for me. I'll use my 22-250 for varmints and my 260 for everything else (I don't hunt in Africa or brown bear, so no need for anything bigger for me).

What's the deal with people talking smack? I shoot 300blk from a 16" tube supers only. Love the thing and looking forward to whacking me some meat for the smoker.

Subsonic suppressed has its place mostly expensive novelty shooters with money to burn. I guess the smack talk is from non hand loaders that cant appreciate all its awesome attributes.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I like how 300blk rocks a steel target twice as hard as 223/556 and how it doesn't feel like an AK. Everytime I see someone put it down it makes me like it even more.

Top Bottom