• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Dick's has SOG Trident folders and fixed blade Seal Pups on sale for $49. If you google "Dicks Sporting Goods Printable Coupon" you can always find a $10 off $50 coupon to print.

So those knives are $39. I have a Seal Pup Elite and love it. I bought a Trident. Kinda big but it is nice and conceals well.

Good gift ideas.

Anyone have a Trident for EDC? Has it been a good knife?

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I see this one... SOG Trident Tanto Blade Knife - Dick's Sporting Goods
    for $89, but where is the one listed for $49?

That is the one. Not an online deal, just in stores. They are going fast. I went back to buy more today as stocking stuffers. The Castleton Dick's ran out today. The Trader's Point Dick's had 10 left so I bought 3 and they let me use 3 of the $10 off coupons. Go to google and type in "Dicks Sporting Goods Printable Coupon". The first link should be for "retailmenot.com". They have the link for the $10 off coupon. Print out as many as you want. Then you get the SOG Trident for $39.

Btw...they have the TiNi coated Tantos which are super nice. Its a steal at that price.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    The Noblesville Dick's Sporting Goods store does have the SOG Trident in stock (at least four on the shelf that I saw, maybe more in the back), but I did not end up buying one. I checked it out, and it didn't really fit the need that I'm looking for. I want a good EDC knife, and I just felt that this was too large for this purpose. It's a good knife, but I want something with a smaller profile. I'm going to be ordering the Kershaw Vapor II tonight.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Just checked the Dick's Sporting Goods in Schererville/Highland - Lake County. They don't have the Trident. Just the Seal Pup and the Flash. Also, Cabelas in Hammond does not have the Trident. Perhaps one of our INGO brethren can check the Dick's in Merrillville/Hobart. Otherwise, I am just going to buy it on eBay.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Anyone have a Trident for EDC? Has it been a good knife?

I alternate between my Trident Tanto Blade and a Kabar K2 as my every day carry. Both are pretty large but fit fine in my pockets. I think the Trident is cool since it has the little lock on it and also because you can cut string or rope or other things with the side indentation without opening the blade.

Just my :twocents:...

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Okay, just took the trip down to Merrillville/Hobart Dick's Sporting Goods. They had the Tanto black Trident in Stock. Price was $59.99. I used the printable coupon that Bronsonbull mentioned. The final price, after taxes and the coupon was $53.49. That's better than most if not all the prices on eBay. Also, as far as the jimping issues mentioned in the nutnfancy video above, that seems to have been remedied with the tanto.

I really like this blade and the assisted opening. It surprisingly lightweight given the size of the blade and the grip.

The guy said he had about 8 more trident tantos in stock in Merrillville.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Okay, just took the trip down to Merrillville/Hobart Dick's Sporting Goods. They had the Tanto black Trident in Stock. Price was $59.99. I used the printable coupon that Bronsonbull mentioned. The final price, after taxes and the coupon was $53.49. That's better than most if not all the prices on eBay. Also, as far as the jimping issues mentioned in the nutnfancy video above, that seems to have been remedied with the tanto.

I really like this blade and the assisted opening. It surprisingly lightweight given the size of the blade and the grip.

The guy said he had about 8 more trident tantos in stock in Merrillville.

Cool. Glad you got one. Yeah when I first saw the Trident in person I almost didn't buy it because it looked huge. While it is bigger than most carry folders, it's fantastically lightweight and conceals well. I'm a big fan after a week or so of EDC.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I like it. A lot. I am not a fan of the zytel grip. I prefer something with more traction. But, that is what is keeping the weight down. I might go back and get another for my dad for Christmas.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I just picked up a Trident at the Dick's in Fort Wayne by Jefferson Point. Coupon worked great. I love the tanto blade. I also like how it sits low in the pocket and the lightweight. Thanks to the OP for the find. Thinking about going back and getting the SEAL Pup.

Top Bottom