• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Are they to resume selling trap parts soon then? I've read mixed reports. Their Facebook page asks for continued support during this time, yet some people say they will resume selling solvent trap parts *last week.. seems like there are people saying things are just fine, and people saying things are dire. I don't claim to know much of anything, I'm just a distraught guy who has to rethink his form 1 plans.

I went looking a some of the other sites who sell similar parts. Tubes are mostly gone, and end caps are thin. Here we go....

I read this last night. It's not comforting at all.

Disclaimer: This is over a year old and I don't know how relevant it is to today's discussion. Just sharing because it has a similar ring.

https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2015/04/solvent-traps-and-gun-trusts-making-a-suppressor.html

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The govt would never do something they know will never get a conviction or even taken to court just to cause fear and overreactions among the gun community and stop things they don't like or would they? Dun dun duuuuuunnnnn

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I thought that because you made the can, you can change the inside parts, just don't have extra laying around.

Not with just the Form 1. To do this you have to be a manufacturer... maybe SOT.

Lots of silly rules, just like with all the rest of the NFA stuff.

BuickGS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Winamac
    With all the kits on the market I thought they had the best to offer. I was going to build one but I had only enough money for 1 more stamp before 41P so I built another SBR. With the hearing protection act getting more and more traction and the hope we would have a good President I still dont feel bad about my choice last May. Unlikely they will ban Freeze plugs, napa Fuel, and oil filters or even gas pipe at Home Depot. Would be nice if I had the parts on the shelf but I dont and I havent lost sleep over it.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I believe SD tactical said preppers discount got hit as well, but preppers gave out a customer list.
    I can't see how this is news when the company advertises their product as 'form 1 ready' makes youtube how-to videos and advocates them as suppressors.

Any part manufactured for use as a suppressor is legally a suppressor to the ATF. And SD tactical apparently has the required FFL to manufacture suppressors, because that's what they are going to do in the future

If you want a can pay the tax.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I believe SD tactical said preppers discount got hit as well, but preppers gave out a customer list.
    I can't see how this is news when the company advertises their product as 'form 1 ready' makes youtube how-to videos and advocates them as suppressors.

Any part manufactured for use as a suppressor is legally a suppressor to the ATF. And SD tactical apparently has the required FFL to manufacture suppressors, because that's what they are going to do in the future

If you want a can pay the tax.

Preppers actually was raided and their computers and paperwork seized. However no arrests were made. That seems pretty odd since the ATF showed up with a search warrant.
    Last I heard from Darrell SDT is pursuing the cease and desist as the parts are not restricted and other sites are still allowed to sell them.
    Dan

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Other places aren't a liscensed SOT that use their 'solvent trap' parts to build tax stamped suppressors. They're also the ones supplying and manufacturing for other companies.

the NFA states parts 'intended and designed' and manufactured for use in making a firearm muffler, are a suppressor. Hard to not prove intent or purpose for using as a suppressor part when you point out to not drill holes until your tax stamp comes back, or when you, as the manufacturer and distributor, use them to create NFA items. If it goes to court I hope it gets thrown out, but I'm doubtful it will happen

Top Bottom