• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    #1 of 2 stamps has been approved. My Serbu Super Shorty was approved on 9/15/10. Now I just have to wait for Corey from SSNFA to call me and make arrangements to get it. My form was mailed May 10.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Oh, I thought it was in Corey's hand.

I had one approved on the 28th of August....and still nothing in my mail box.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I had one that was approved 25 days ago and it had not showed up yet. Come to find out, I moved since I mailed the form off and it had my old address on it. NFA paperwork is non forwarding. Mr. Clutter sent me a copy of it on Monday.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    HPIM20681.jpg

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    With the exception of 1 stamp all of mine have been approved in less than 3 months after check clearing. I guess I should count myself lucky.

I love the Serbas except when they hit my chin than it hurts.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    With the exception of 1 stamp all of mine have been approved in less than 3 months after check clearing. I guess I should count myself lucky.

I love the Serbas except when they hit my chin than it hurts.

I've been told that the paperwork is divvied up based on the transferring shop's name. Alphabetically, in other words.

If your shop begins with some common letters, it stands to reason that there are more shops / paperwork for each examiner to handle.

*I believe this is what the guys at Wanamaker Guns told me when I was getting impatient with my stamp. :D

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I've been told that the paperwork is divvied up based on the transferring shop's name. Alphabetically, in other words.

I don't think thats entirely true because I have multipe items out with the same shop and with different examiners. So there is probably more to it than just that. Same goes for Form 1's, my forms went to three different examiners and I never changed my name. :):

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I was able to get outside and put four rounds of birdshot through it. Definitely did not kick as bad as I thought it would. Next Midway order I will probably order the Hogue grip though.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Just an update I put 11 rounds of Winchester cheap birdshot through it today. I have learned you can't be easy on it when ejecting or it will not eject the shell. We did the shooting about 7:15 tonight and it does put off a nice fire ball.

Has anybody tried the Aguila mini shells yet? I have heard they work in some and not others. It is truly is a fun gun to shoot.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I had trouble with some cheap short brass rounds in my 870 SSS once. The brass actually bent and it jammed in the chamber. I had to remove the barrel and bolt/forearm to get it out.

Not sure what causes it but I have never had trouble with high brass or even quality low brass shotshells.

Top Bottom