• ...and so much more!
  • Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    From - FT.com / Europe - Five European states back burka ban

Five European states back burka ban

More than half of voters in four other major European states back a push by France’s Nicolas Sarkozy to ban women from wearing the burka, according to an opinion poll for the Financial Times.

As Mr Sarkozy presses ahead with plans to ban the wearing of the burka in public places, the FT’s latest Harris poll shows the move is not just strongly supported in France, but wins enthusiastic backing in the UK, Italy, Spain and Germany.

The poll shows some 70 per cent of respondents in France said they supported plans to forbid the wearing of the garment which covers the female body from head to toe. There was similar sentiment in Spain and Italy, where 65 per cent and 63 per cent respectively favoured a ban.
    Rest at the source.

Europeans just love to give up liberty in the name of security. What is surprising is that 33% of Americans say they favor a similar ban. Seriously? As a Christian, I find this kind of stuff very dangerous.

Next they will require Muslims to wear star and crescent patches. :facepalm:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree, i could see making your face visible for DL or ID picture, but otherwise... they should be able to wear what they want.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom