• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think it would have been a much more satisfying story if he had drawn his legally-possessed handgun and shot them both. But maybe that's just me...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Blackhawk, it's stories like this that makes anyone desire a more permanent outcome! :xmad:

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    1 knife & 1 gun. am looking for a backup ankle & a new knife. hopefully the bg get caught before they can do any more damage.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    The idiot learned himself a lession he'll never forget.

Weak he may not have been, but appearances can be...um wrong, and the gangsters learned a lession themselves.

I ride, and have had similar problems. My advise, if you arent ready to defend youself, stay the eff out of Indy. And you'd do yourself some justice to not look like you need to get robbed, or like you live in Carmel.

There is a certain predatory behavior exhebited by the criminally minded, and if you are victim, it's because you carry yourself like a sheep and not a wolf.

My heart goes to the biker, wish I could shake his hand and have a conversation with him and his encounter.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Another good reason to wear a helmet and gear. Body armor is good in a fight!

Helmet, gear, knife and gun. That's how I roll. :D (Sorry... I couldn't resist.)

Many, many, many of my insomniac, late night rides are in downtown-to-near-east indy. I would rather watch out for the riff-raff and LIGHTED vehicles driven by the percentage that have been drinking than the deer popping out of cornfields. So far, I've noticed a tendency for the pedestrians to steer *very* clear of a full-size man on a loud bike.

Things may be getting worse.

Stay aware.

IMG_1468.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't think people think they are safe downtown. I live downtown and I am always asked by people that don't, if I feel safe. I say sure, but not all of them know I carry.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Helmet, gear, knife and gun. That's how I roll. :D (Sorry... I couldn't resist.)

Many, many, many of my insomniac, late night rides are in downtown-to-near-east indy. I would rather watch out for the riff-raff and LIGHTED vehicles driven by the percentage that have been drinking than the deer popping out of cornfields. So far, I've noticed a tendency for the pedestrians to steer *very* clear of a full-size man on a loud bike.

Things may be getting worse.

Stay aware.

IMG_1468.jpg

Nice scoot.

This aint mine, but I wouldnt mind replicating certain aspects of it.

picture.php

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    At least he could post "your motorcycle and a black eye" in the INGO motorcycle game...just sayin...

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I'm glad this guy reported this, keeps everyone on there toes (i hope). This is exactly why I carry every time I ride !! Although I do worry about the quickness of being able to get to my pistol with gloves on under my leather jacket.........might have to start taking it to the range to practice!

Top Bottom