• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spring1898

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 13, 2021
    North of Galveston
    Not me, but I came across the video of a gentleman from 8 years ago having problems with a Savage 755.
    I don't have facebook to message him so maybe someone who is well versed with the A5 series can help him.

https://www.facebook.com/sixfteightinguy

His quick backstory is that the gun belonged to his father, there was some issue with the barrel, he had the barrel replaced (possible problem number 1), but it won't cycle.
    He has not had any resolution of the situation since putting up the video, 8 YEARS AGO.

My observations:
    1. He thinks there is a problem with the shell retainer for the mag tube because it sticks out farther than most shotguns. This is normal for the browning A5 series
    2. He is getting a lot of 'advice' from people who don't understand the A5 platform or how it operates.
    3. The barrel ended up stuck back, I don't know if he lubed the mag tube to allow the friction ring to operate properly, though he did have it set up for the heavy loads he was shooting. It could be the replacement barrel was not a savage one, but I can't tell from the video.
    4. If he "assists" the carrier/lifter the shotgun will load. I suspect his problem could be related to either a weak action / recoil spring in the stock assembly not having enough force to cycle the bolt properly. Possible corrosion or lack of lubrication internally preventing the parts from moving easily. Or of course some derangement of the internal parts, but the rest of the gun looks pretty clean for something like that.
    5. He has not taken apart the action, and has had it to several "gunsmiths" who have not offered a solution. He may not be comfortable enough pulling it apart himself.

As mentioned I don't have the facebook to contact him, so if someone else can he might be grateful for the help. Or if someone wants to pass along his information to me I can try to talk with him.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom