• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If some people think 5 is outrageous, well a lot of people think 2 is outrageous. And some think 1 is.
    If the guy isn't out committing crimes, I'll let him decide.

Kinda like the people that tell me, "NO ONE needs 30 round magazines".

[video=youtube;c2tAHnb06tU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2tAHnb06tU[/video]

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow, I learn something every day!
    i thought this was similar to the school grounds law.
    So, what's the purpose of IAC, if there is no punishment for breaking that type of law(?)?
    It makes the fair board feel better, like they are "doing something". They can also cover their butts if a criminal decides to, well, be a criminal.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How can they confiscate the guns if the IAC is not a law?

Laws come in different flavors. Think of building codes. You can't get arrested for having an out of spec garage, but you can be subject to a court order to bring it up to code. If you fail to comply, then there are laws that cover you failing to comply with the court order.

So, this is in IAC:

"(c) Any deadly weapon found in the possession of a person while on the fairgrounds during the annual state fair is subject to
    immediate confiscation by law enforcement officers or other persons authorized by the executive director of the state fair commission."

That gives the police the authority to confiscate the weapon, just like the relevant codes gave the building inspector the right to inspect your new garage. If you refuse to comply and run or struggle, then you're going to run afoul of portions of the criminal law code in IN 35-44.1-3

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    n8bo.jpg

This pic is awesome!!! Where did it come from?

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    Laws come in different flavors. Think of building codes. You can't get arrested for having an out of spec garage, but you can be subject to a court order to bring it up to code. If you fail to comply, then there are laws that cover you failing to comply with the court order.

So, this is in IAC:

"(c) Any deadly weapon found in the possession of a person while on the fairgrounds during the annual state fair is subject to
    immediate confiscation by law enforcement officers or other persons authorized by the executive director of the state fair commission."

That gives the police the authority to confiscate the weapon, just like the relevant codes gave the building inspector the right to inspect your new garage. If you refuse to comply and run or struggle, then you're going to run afoul of portions of the criminal law code in IN 35-44.1-3

But is there any recourse for getting the confiscated weapons back. If you haven't broken a law then I can't see how they can hold your weapons once you have left the fairgrounds.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    When I first started carrying over ten years ago, like many, I was paranoid that everyone was looking at me. To help get past this I carried three handguns a few times when I was out and about. Not because I thought I'd need them but really just to prove to myself that people don't notice.

ETA: Glock 27 appendix, BHP right hip, Kel-tec P3AT left front pocket. Cargo shorts, t-shirt, and sandals.

Perhaps the guy at the fair grounds had a similar mindset and was working on his ninja-like concealment skills or something.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    But is there any recourse for getting the confiscated weapons back. If you haven't broken a law then I can't see how they can hold your weapons once you have left the fairgrounds.

Sure. There is nothing in the code that allows for permanent confiscation. Unless you meet the criteria in other IC codes (such as you are violently mentally ill or the like) it is temporary, and you'll get them back.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am so manly I am surprised I carry at all

Those who know me need not reply

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Another Bump.

Re-hash: (Unless I've somehow missed a recent development) carrying at the Indiana State Fair is verboten due to the regulations in the Indiana Administrative Code (IAC) - not the criminal code / Indiana Code (IC)

Top Bottom