• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I like the XD and XDm offerings a lot. But, this just has me confused. I think they are trying to put the same old w**r* in a new dress and call it something groundbreaking.

And the "grip zone" on the side is hokey as he**. Major fail here SA. :noway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    For someone like me who actually loves his XDsc, this is a nice upgrade. And the mags are the same, so I don't have to buy all new 16rd'ers

As for "bore axis", sure, maybe the XD is measurably higher than a Glock.. however, that is meaningless to someone like me who has small hands and can GRIP the XD better than I can a Glock. With the smaller grip, it should, in theory, be ever easier for me to shoot.
    And,sure, maybe the XD even has a slighter stronger "muzzle flip", technically.. but again, if it is more controllable for me than a Glock or M&P, then why would I not stick with the XD line?

(and yes, while I like the idea of the added texture, the Grip Zone wording molded into the grip is lame, lol)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    For someone like me who actually loves his XDsc, this is a nice upgrade. And the mags are the same, so I don't have to buy all new 16rd'ers

As for "bore axis", sure, maybe the XD is measurably higher than a Glock.. however, that is meaningless to someone like me who has small hands and can GRIP the XD better than I can a Glock. With the smaller grip, it should, in theory, be ever easier for me to shoot.
    And,sure, maybe the XD even has a slighter stronger "muzzle flip", technically.. but again, if it is more controllable for me than a Glock or M&P, then why would I not stick with the XD line?

(and yes, while I like the idea of the added texture, the Grip Zone wording molded into the grip is lame, lol)

I agree with you on the bore axis. I can shoot my XDm faster and more accurate than I can a Glock or an M&P.

Ditto on the wording on the grip words too.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I like the updated looks and, if you watch the vids, the reviewer can get his entire hand on the stocks, but just barely. They contoured the frame just enough to create a G19 sized pistol. This may be something I pick up after verifying the size in hand myself.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    It's nice. I found one at a LGS and its a mix between XDS and XDM, of which I already own. Couldn't see me getting it today, but the grip texture is nice, very different from the XDM type grip, its a lot like grip tape.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    OK, who wants to buy a used XD9sc-bitone?

:D

Let me go check my change jar

Aside from the "GRIP ZONE", I like the looks and would like to handle one and see how it feels. I really like my XD and might look at this one when I "decide" to get a new one....eventually. Maybe they'll get rid of the "GRIP ZONE" by the time I'm ready to buy one:dunno:

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I just bought one yesterday.......and it feels amazing....I am hoping to shoot it today and I can update My post...I own several handguns including glock, hk, sig, ect.....this gun by far feels the best in hand for its size. I love my g26 Gen 3, but this gun feels soooooo much better. Compared to its predisessor, it is much smaller. I have a wide hand and I am pretty picky about compact and sub compact guns, once I held this gun however....it took 5 seconds to decide....sold!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I just bought one yesterday.......and it feels amazing....I am hoping to shoot it today and I can update My post...I own several handguns including glock, hk, sig, ect.....this gun by far feels the best in hand for its size. I love my g26 Gen 3, but this gun feels soooooo much better. Compared to its predisessor, it is much smaller. I have a wide hand and I am pretty picky about compact and sub compact guns, once I held this gun however....it took 5 seconds to decide....sold!

Looking forward to a review!

LukeDuke25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    World Traveler
    Unless you are Jerry Miculek or Instructor Zero, I'm not sure that the "high bore-axis" - "milliseconds" between follow up shot debate has much merit to the average joe/conceal carry guy - I.E. 99% of us! SA makes a great product, but it is not for everybody. The same can be said about Sig, Glock, and every other manufacturer for that matter.

Top Bottom