• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bevilsiz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Any bill that comes to the house on gun control will go through the judiciary committee. Bob Goodlatte is chairman of that. His voting record is very pro 2A. He has named Trent Franks sub committee chairman of constitution & civil justice. He's also very pro 2A. Both these guys are republicans. These guys have the say before a bill would even make it to the floor. That includes anything from the senate. Our new governor also worked with these guys on the same comittee. Pray these guys stick to their guns!

Another fact: Unless rules changed, dems don't have enough votes in senate to stop a filibuster. At least not without the help of republicans. 60 votes are required to stop one.

PS PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS. This is just as important as writing them.

Last edited:

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Any bill that comes to the house on gun control will go through the judiciary committee. Bob Goodlatte is chairman of that. His voting record is very pro 2A. He has named Trent Franks sub committee chairman of constitution & civil justice. He's also very pro 2A. Both these guys are republicans. These guys have the say before a bill would even make it to the floor. That includes anything from the senate. Our new governor also worked with these guys on the same comittee. Pray these guys stick to their guns!

You forget that Obama has stated he will do some sort of gun control by executive action in the mean time until legislation is passed. He is expected to do this within the next 2 weeks is what I am hearing.

freeclimber57

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    But last week congress over road an executive order by the president over a pay increase for the vp, senate, house and government workers that would have cost(if im not mistaken) 10 BILLION OVER 10 YEARS! So if he does make an exec order on firearms maybe the same will happen.wishful thinking...I know

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    You forget that Obama has stated he will do some sort of gun control by executive action in the mean time until legislation is passed. He is expected to do this within the next 2 weeks is what I am hearing.

I keep hearing that he will do an executive order of some sort, but I doubt he will. Bush and now O have been pushing the limits of what an EO can do, push too far and someone will call BS on the whole shebang and put all EO's up for review.:dunno:

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I keep hearing that he will do an executive order of some sort, but I doubt he will. Bush and now O have been pushing the limits of what an EO can do, push too far and someone will call BS on the whole shebang and put all EO's up for review.:dunno:
    But the EO stands as "the law of the land" until it is reviewed and repealed.

Top Bottom