• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    been thinking about a sonic cleaner like hornadys new one anybody got one? do you like it? are they worth the money or just keep using my tumbler? just wanting to get some thoughts on if sonics are worth getting.
    Thanks for any input.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I clean my handguns and brass in an ultrasonic cleaner and am very pleased with the results. If you purchase an ultrasonic cleaner consider one with a heated solution tank. The heat makes a real difference in its performance. Here is some .45ACP brass after ultrasonic cleaning. My tumbler never removed the build up inside the primer pocket and in the case body like the ultrasonic does. It works great on gun parts, too. No more brass brushing carbon deposits. The lead deposits still need some manual cleaning.
    crestultrasoniccleaner4.jpg

Modhydro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Sonic cleaning

I did a quick write up on this a month or so ago.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition_and_reloading/72257-ultrasonic_case_cleaning.html

My recipe is in there, but simply put it is citric acid which worked as good if not better than the vinegar solution that some other sites recommended.

The stuff comes out super clean.

I am pretty cheap, so I watched on e-bay for a "bargain" tank. If you have a little patience you will find one far cheaper than the one that gets the Hornady sticker put on it.

Steve

Top Bottom