• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    howd they lose there FFL?

In a nutshell, a routine inspection by BATFE, discovered 10 guns on the company books that could not be accounted.

The Haydens struck a deal with feds, in which both agreed to surrender their FFLs, in exchange for not being prosecuted.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    In a nutshell, a routine inspection by BATFE, discovered 10 guns on the company books that could not be accounted.

The Haydens struck a deal with feds, in which both agreed to surrender their FFLs, in exchange for not being prosecuted.

I have read a lot about the loss of the FFL. Makes me wonder what would happen to a local gun dealer here in Indiana if they could not account for 10 guns during a government inspection.

Any dealer on INGO want to speculate what would happen to them, would you get a TV show with the History channel as a reward?

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Any dealer on INGO want to speculate what would happen to them, would you get a TV show with the History channel as a reward?

I hear you get 10 rifles of equal or greater value, a chance to apply for the super secret "Nation-wide Carry License", and a government grant to add additional space to your storefront.
    :rockwoot:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have read a lot about the loss of the FFL. Makes me wonder what would happen to a local gun dealer here in Indiana if they could not account for 10 guns during a government inspection.

Any dealer on INGO want to speculate what would happen to them, would you get a TV show with the History channel as a CURSE?

FIFY :):

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

ATF Revokes Federal Firearms License

Though this was 570 firearms.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    I just saw the show with Jesse James. What a sissy! He was whining about how tough the atmosphere in the shop was because Vince came back to help him. I guess Disc channel was trying a little boost to a couple of their shows?

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    They had a Bofors on last night.

bofors1.jpg

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    There are several threads about the show Sons of Guns. Its been hashed over and over that the show is becoming a soap opera with fuzzy to inaccurate gun information being presented.

Every reality TV show you will find manufactures drama. That's today's pop culture for you. It's what the herd wants. Honestly, what can you expect, when the History Channel has even gone all in with reality TV.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yeah, "reality" TV is about the drama because it brings in viewers. I'm really liking Duck Dynasty because the family is as interesting as their daily business (I was going to say what they do day-to-day but for a few of them that would mostly just be hunting or playing in the woods/swamps). I hope they stick with what they've got and not have extremely obvious scripted drama.

Docjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    The episode where they built the revolutionary new AR (not!) there was a scene with the general. What a bunch of BS. they made it very dramatic trying to build suspence but it made it corny.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I hate the show after only watching 2 episodes.

What really pisses me off, is that the BS that the show has created has SUBSTANTIALLY decreased the value of my Red Jacket built S12.

I really want to sell my S12 just so I don't have anything to the douchebaggery that is Red Jacket, yet, I couldn't even get a decent offer on the gun when I posted it in the classifieds.

<----Very ticked off.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    There are several threads about the show Sons of Guns. Its been hashed over and over that the show is becoming a soap opera with fuzzy to inaccurate gun information being presented.

The episode on 18 January 2012 has reached a ridiculous low. The owner comes off as an emotional jerk that continues to make bad decisions and miss manage his employees. Steph, what can I say, a hot mess. This last build with the AR using a piston system vs gas and touting it as a brand new invention is absurd. Chris appears to be totally incomptent and the owner now says he loves him.

I'm done, I will never watch this poor excuse for entertainment again. This has become a soap opera that should not appeal to anyone that knows anything about guns. Its border line insulting to gun enthusiasts.

I have no idea who this show appeals to, but it has no appeal to me whatsoever.

Good bye Sons of Guns and good riddance.

Rant Off

I feel exactly the same. Same episode, I was like WTF. I even heard the business was running based off that tattooed,guys license that he was jerking around, who happened to be the only master gunsmith.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I hate the show after only watching 2 episodes.

What really pisses me off, is that the BS that the show has created has SUBSTANTIALLY decreased the value of my Red Jacket built S12.

I really want to sell my S12 just so I don't have anything to the douchebaggery that is Red Jacket, yet, I couldn't even get a decent offer on the gun when I posted it in the classifieds.

<----Very ticked off.

That is because it is all about enhancing their revenues, and not about your property.

Top Bottom