• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Favorite episode that made me laugh was the twin water cooled M16's. They acted like they just invented the wheel. I wanted to email them and say that they tried water cooled machine guns back in 1917, but didn't care enough to. I kept saying to myself, why don't they just use 2 piston guns that won't over heat?. I guess that would be too simple and less expensive. Although cost doesn't matter since they were selling them to the "Military". I stopped watching after that.

gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    I'm curious to see what they will invent this time.
    Maybe a shotgun that works with some kind of pump system or a gun small enough to be held with one hand.:dunno:

Sons-Of-Guns-Meme.jpg

This^^^ That's what I think of anytime I see that show.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Red Jacket invented the slide-action shotgun?

Christopher Spencer is not amused!

"Make haste! My quill to me! Verily, I shall send a registered letter of disapproval to this, this, this . . . gentleman."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Red Jacket invented the slide-action shotgun?

Christopher Spencer is not amused!

"Make haste! My quill to me! Verily, I shall send a registered letter of disapproval to this, this, this . . . gentleman."

:laugh:

Nice Kirk....You tool...I just snorko'ed three swallows of Dr. Pepper through my nose onto my desk...."verily"..."make haste"....Damn Son!!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    wow people now don't like sons of guns? Did one of the favorites here finaly come out and say something against it so now the fan boi's are changing their tune? Before when I thought it sucked everyone loved it so much.
    Worthless show and I've said so from the beginning. Seriously a bunch of stupid idiots on there that I don't want representing gun owners on national tv!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm torn. I know that they act like idiots way too often, but it is a gun show and there are precious few of them.

If you had the cameras on a quiet shop where competent people simply worked hard and made quality products, you'd have a nice 6 minute segment for "How is it Made", but you wouldn't have a show.

It's like if lawyer shows showed what we actually do, every 200 hours of programming, you's have an hour of fireworks (actually closer to 10 minutes). Who would watch that?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Nice Kirk....You tool...I just snorko'ed three swallows of Dr. Pepper through my nose onto my desk...."verily"..."make haste"....Damn Son!!!

"Crediting my invention to oneself, despite my patent? I say to you, sir, good day. I say GOOD DAY."

*pounds walking cane into cobblestone for effect, walks off*

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Great a TV show with arrogant A**holes that are stuck on themselves and produce lack luster products that any other company can turn out without a TV show and a bunch of useless Drama. The whole time comparing a pleasant looking young lady to Cheryl Tiegs in her Heyday

Pretty much, that's why I wish American Guns was coming back instead.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well, the show isn't my favorite, however it is a show about firearms. My wife (and probably most ladies) like drama, otherwise how could the daytime soaps keep running. I am all for ANY show that has firearms with episodes that show people buying guns for protection and FUN. I'm sure there are many people that have watched the show and - just maybe - figured out that the guns "don't shoot people" and that there are uses for firearms besides hunting and killing! Any exposure we 2nd amendment supporters can get demonstrating that firearms aren't necessarily bad is good for us! If just a few people are convinced to purchase a firearm, target shoot or alter their opinion (fear) of firearms IMHO, it is a big success story. I hope the show is a great success and runs forever.

I really enjoy the "Wild West" gun show, even though it is heavily loaded with drama, hoping it continues and also would like to see American guns return.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Generally I only watch the show for two reasons. I like seeing old firearms restored to working order, and I always enjoy watching things blow up.

I'm not entirely sure how good their restorations are. There seems to be an awful lot of guesswork and fabricating parts when they're not even sure about the correct dimensions. And as for the explosions...well it's not hard to make something blow up when you pack it full of gasoline.

Beyond that, Will is an arrogant jerk, his son-in-law is a dip-****, and his former employee Vince is a skilled gunsmith but otherwise an idiot. I had to laugh during the episode where they fired an incompetent employee...if you're fired from that place you must be a complete screw-up. Joe is the only one who seems to have some common sense and Will has him pretty thoroughly buffaloed.

Huh. I may have talked myself out of watching the new season. :)

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    mixed reviews from me on this show. most episodes i just fast forward through all the drama to the last 5 or 10 minutes to watch the end. i can never resist watching anyone blow stuff up. spoken from a tannerite addict :)

Ungie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Connecticut
    Wish you could see a show where gunsmiths actually do some teaching without it being cancelled. Too much drama with this one. I agree about joe he seems to be one with a level head on his shoulders

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wish you could see a show where gunsmiths actually do some teaching without it being cancelled. Too much drama with this one. I agree about joe he seems to be one with a level head on his shoulders
    Then check out Larry Potterfield's You Tube videos. He's got a LOT of them.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Oh great this is what I have to look forward to on my birthday?

I had never noticed the gun switch. That's hilarious

Top Bottom