• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've read a thread on here talking about a source for Alice's in good condition, but I'll be damned if I can find it. If you know of a source, would you mind posting it? I need a couple of large packs.

Thanks in advance...

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Most army surplus stores have them or you can wait till the next indy 1500, the Jan one had a ton for around 50 bucks or less. I even saw a couple of the new Mil-issue MOLLE packs for around that price tag

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Thanks guys. Bradis is a haul for me and I'd probably end up buying something besides packs. Looks like another reason to go to the 1500.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    A couple months back I got 5 with frames in unissued condition for 50 off of ebay. I think it was 12 dollars for shipping.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The more research I do, I'm wondering if an ALICE is really what I need. We'll be going in on a Friday night and coming out the following Saturday morning. I'm wondering if there's enough room for 7 days of food and the rest of our gear.

Ebux

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    There was a guy with alot of surplus at the last Muncie gun show. I bought an Alice with the frame for $30. He said he travels to lots of shows in the state.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Hiking or canoeing or ...?

A medium alice with a week supply of food leaves little room for gear. If you've never done it before, you'll probably eat more than you expect. A hiker can eat 4,000+ calories/day and still lose weight.

TRL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Hendricks Co.
    check if Midway stil has some. I just got one for under 30.00 for a Large with frame that was used but in great condition. Just some wear marks on frame and light usage on bag.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Hiking or canoeing or ...?

A medium alice with a week supply of food leaves little room for gear. If you've never done it before, you'll probably eat more than you expect. A hiker can eat 4,000+ calories/day and still lose weight.

It's a hike.

I was looking at volume numbers for a medium, not a large. The large will work for us. Looks like I'm gonna go check out the 1500 on sunday and see what's there.

Top Bottom